In need of an app. Help-a-brotha-out.General

Last Updated:

1. Jmtegra

Jmtegra Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

:D

So i want a app where i can browser and save files from my computers HDD over 3g connection. Ive been using Gmote to stream music from my computer but it doesnt allow you to save files to my SD card. I would like this to be a free app so phonemypc is out of the question. I guess over wifi would be OK but would much rather do it through 3g incase im away from the house. Thanks in advance ;)

Advertisement
  2. buff12db

buff12db Well-Known Member

HomePipe. You can also stream music from your HDD to your phone or any other computer. Although, the streaming is pretty hit or miss on the phone.

3. Zerethusta

Zerethusta Well-Known Member

Might be easier to just set up an FTP.

4. cornbreadfarts

cornbreadfarts Well-Known Member

5. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

Take a look at dropbox.com. I use it to automatically sync files from one PC to another. I know it has an android app so the files would also go to your phone, but I've never used that piece. It's free, and the PC functions work very well.

6. Jmtegra

Drop box is not really what im looking for. I want to browse my entire HD from the phone at any time, If im downloading torrents on my computer while im out and about, and they finish before i get home i want to be able to add the music i downloaded to my phone over 3g.

7. Jmtegra

Homepipe is like something i need. It would be perfect but its not letting me download files. Says "Download Failed" Id be willing to pay for this one if it didnt fail.

8. buff12db

buff12db Well-Known Member

HomePipe is an awesome idea that needs some work on the android app. It streamed better before a recent update. Hopefully they fix some of these problems in the official release. I mostly use it to stream music to my work computer because Big Brother won't let me stream media from almost any streaming media site. Fingers crossed they don't catch on.