• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help In need of help!

jason53095

Lurker
Nov 10, 2010
I am basically having trouble with updating to 2.2 on my Captivate. The thing whenever I try to update from my phone I get some kind of message that says, "Cannot connect to ATT servers". I have looked around and have seen people say to get the update from Samsung Kies. I am totally electronic illiterate and can't really find a Kies that works for me. Please help me.

its not updating to 2.2 its to a 2.1 update, but heres a how-to

and dont worry about the odin back to jf6 unless you have installed any roms but from the sound of your post you havent. there is a link in there to the kies mini that is used to update

Care to explain more for me? But isnt 2.2 out for captivate? I've seen videos and pictures.

Upvote 0
Care to explain more for me? But isnt 2.2 out for captivate? I've seen videos and pictures.
there are leaked versions of 2.2, and there are custom roms that use these. there are roms that use the international version of 2.2 on custom roms also. but there hasnt been an official update for the captivate yet.

the only update that has come out is the one i linked

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones