in need of help !!!

Last Updated: 2012-10-24 20:17:57
  1. icleppl

icleppl New Member

i am looking for help to flash my htc wildfire. i am wanting to upgrade to a newer version but am unsure how have been on several different sites to find out and i got details of ROMS and putting on a .zip file but cant seem to get it to work any help will be much appriciated XxX:eek:

Advertisement
  2. KJohns

KJohns ROM/Application Developer Developer

i will help ya out... you have the wildfire or the s ? (which carrier also.)

[edit: this probly should be placed in all things root but i digress.]
  3. KJohns

what version of android is on there right now? (2.2.1?)
  4. icleppl

icleppl New Member

it has android 2.2.1 at the min and its just a wildfire
  5. KJohns

ok here we go... did you install the android sdk/adb etc? Also - do you have htc sync installed on your computer?
  6. KJohns

7. icleppl

icleppl New Member

i dont have it sync to my pc and dont know what (did you install the android sdk/adb etc) means
  8. KJohns

in order to get the computer to communicate with the phone you will have to install "adb - android debug bridge. This is packaged with the android sdk and platform tools. ---> Android SDK | Android Developers

what OS (operating system) are you running on your computer?

[edit: htc sync drivers are also needed, you can uninstall afterwards just keep the drivers.]
  9. icleppl

icleppl New Member

i am running windows 2000. can i just download android sdk and once i have done that if i have a ROM file will it work.
    i cant seem to find any simple step by step instruction on how to do this thanks
  10. KJohns

you will need more than the rom file. i think they use a downgrade exploit for the root and such. Just follow that guide i posted for you and you will have what you need. Ill be online if you run into any problems

[BEFORE YOU DO ANYTHING BACKUP YOUR DEVICE THE WAY IT IS NOW <----- VERY IMPORTANT]
  11. lunatic59

lunatic59 Moderati ergo sum Moderator

*moved to HTC Wildfire > Wildfire - All Things Root forum*
    KJohns likes this.