• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

In order to get a full battery charge...

i have noticed this also , i just got my phone a few days ago. the 1st day it didnt last long at all before i had to charge it , and i had to charge it 4 times that first day , as time went on i have noticed that now it last way longer and its just the 4th day i have had it.. im new here and i enjoy reading all the post...

Upvote 0
I have no idea why it works, but this works for sure. It may be bad for the battery, I have no clue....BUT if you leave your phone on and charge until light is green, then turn it off completely and the light will turn orange for about 20 minutes, then when the light is green unplug it and plug it in again, it will turn orange for about 5-10 minutes. You can keep doing this a few times. When I do not charge my phone this way, my battery will drop 5% in the first 10 minutes it is unplugged and being used. When I do charge my phone this way, the battery will stay 100% full for at least 30-45 minutes.

Upvote 0
I have tried:
A) Charge with phone on until green
B) Charge with phone on until green, then shut off phone and charge until green again
C) Charge with phone off until green

B & C seem to give the same battery life, both of which are better than A. However, A is the most convenient and gives me enough juice to get through the day, so I'm sticking with A ;).

Upvote 0
I have tried:
A) Charge with phone on until green
B) Charge with phone on until green, then shut off phone and charge until green again
C) Charge with phone off until green

B & C seem to give the same battery life, both of which are better than A. However, A is the most convenient and gives me enough juice to get through the day, so I'm sticking with A ;).

I've found this exact thing. I turn it off and charge it when I go to bed, since I obviously wont be using it anyway, and turn it back on in the morning. The charge lasts me all day

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones