In prosses of rooting my gio

1. edwardsa

edwardsa New Member

Hey guys I've been reading a lot about rooting, the pros and cons, well I've made my decision and I want to root it.

My number one reason for rooting is I want to delete unnecessary apps on the phone and I want to use DroidWall (Firewall) so my apps don't use up my data plan, and I want to use Titanium Backup to backup all my data. But I have a very important question, If I root my Gio can I Hard Reset my phone?? Or what is the equivalent of hard reseting on a rooted phone?? I don't want to use roms or anything like that unless I have to, im happy with how my Gio runs with the stock "rom/firmware", But this one time my Gio wouldn't go past the boot screen and I had to Hard reset from recovery menu, and since then it works just fine, but If I ever need to do this again, I want to be sure I can use Hard Reset again.

I ask this because I googled this question and I got results that said "don't factory reset if you are rooted", "Never factory reset when rooted on Evo V", and things like that, when I opened the link it was usually referred to Evo V phones but I want to be sure...

Thanks in advance

by the way Im on android Froyo 2.2.1 don't know if it matters
    and my phone is unlocked and don't want to loose that if I ever need to flash it

Advertisement
    :
  2. Peteragent5

Peteragent5 Well-Known Member

You can go ahead and root your phone (using SuperOneClick)!! After this you can still Hard reset your phone from recovery! I've done it many times :)
    Plus you can unroot your phone again by using SuperOneClick or using the Universal GB Unroot (This is when you need to send your phone back to Samsung or something like that)
    Hope this helps! :D