In response to "my phone died" thread...

Last Updated:

1. In Flames

In Flames New Member This Topic's Starter

Hello all, first post but have been lurking for a few months. This is in response to the user who bricked their phone by installing a GSM rom on their CDMA Hero. Is there any way to know if a rom is made specifically for either GSM or CDMA? For example in the links provided by members to specific roms, is there anything to look for as to whether it is GSM or CDMA? I am finally rooted and like to sample different roms, but would hate to brick my phone by installing the wrong rom.

I do look very closely to make sure it is a CDMA rom so I don't brick my phone. I am currently running CM-6 and am very impressed thus far.

This site is awesome and helped me my root my phone amongst the many other things.

Thanks for any help/input.

Advertisement
  2. norm12

norm12 Active Member

In almost every case the creator of the rom will post whether its for the GSM or CDMA Hero. CM6, which you are running, has it on the forum headers. However, if you are unsure, just ask people here

3. msierra519

msierra519 Well-Known Member

as long as you come to the Sprint Hero Sub Forum you should be 100% good getting the proper roms...

4. Joehunni

Joehunni Well-Known Member