• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories In Search of the Perfect Screen Protector

heartybounty

Mar 2, 2015
I'm annal when it comes to taking care of my devices and so having screen protectors is a must. I have known several screen protectors ever since I had owned smartphone. Some are forgotten and some leaves at the backdoor. So, here I am again going nuts ( of course, I'm literally exaggerating) in search of the perfect screen protection for my S6 Edge. Since Amazon is my favorite hangout, I've found three to my liking. I've purchased three since I couldn't decide which one to go with and also, to have a back up in case I screwed up or the screen protector screwed up on me during installation which is worst encounter any techie would have encountered.

Fast forward, I've received these three films, namely: Invisible Defender (Case friendly, 3 front and 1 back), Spigen S6 Edge screen protector and IQ Shield Liquid Skin S6 Edge screen protectors. The first one, Invisible Defender screen protector, while it enjoy the spotlight on Amazon, was a total fail. It was not even close and was too small. I have no qualms with the application because it was relatively easy but I'm not pleased with the fitment. The 2nd one is Spigen screen protector, a common name in the household. Admittedly, I'm a fan of their cases, hubby had them on his phone and my son's tablet, too. Nevertheless, my high expectation was quashed the moment I've put it on the S6 Edge. It leaves the edges exposed and susceptible to scratches.
The installation while not easy is quite manageable. But again I have to give it up because it was not what I wanted. To say it was for the S6 Edge is a disservice to consumers. Anyhow, I have my last pack of screen protector from IQ Shield. TBH, this is my first purchase from them and didn't expect much. Just like Spigen, it was a wet install type of film. I'm not really a fan of wet install, what with the application that involved some sort of water or what others would say "special magic serum" for the finishing touch, but because they have good reviews, I decided why not give it a try. Surprisingly, the installation was not that difficult as I've imagined and most importantly, it did fit. It provided full coverage as the description says. I could not say it was perfect cause it has its own flaws,too.It didn't provide a 100% flawless look instantly on my device but as the days go on, it become more clearer and smooth. IQ Shield LiquidSkin screen protector just made my day. It gained a follower today. What matters now is that momentarily, this film stopped me in my search for the perfect screen protection. I'm satisfied with the result and the fitment. My only regret is I purchased it too soon, I should have waited when they're on sale just like now so I can probably save some bucks.

Here it is, in case you're interested:
61vXIz34FxL._SL1000_.jpg

http://www.amazon.com/Shield-LiQuid...-2&keywords=iqshield+s6+edge+screen+protector

You're very much welcome. Yeah, it was not difficult to install. I just followed through the instruction and honestly, I enjoyed doing it. I was kind of surprised how smooth the installation went through. I had some setbacks but it was manageable. When you've been doing this kind of thing several times, it becomes relatively easy the next time around. I'm a testament to this. Have tried several devices over the years, so..

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones