• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

in search of wx widget w/ short-term forecast

bigcheez

Lurker
Sep 6, 2010
I am looking for a weather widget that will display short-term forecasts.
Every wx widget I have seen will display current conditions and maybe a quick forecast for the next couple/few days.
I know what the weather is now and will get tomorrows forecast when I watch the evening news.
I would like information such as the forecast for this afternoon and tonight.
The free wm6 today plugin form weatherbug would provide this info.
I paid for weatherbug elite on the android for much less functionality.
So ...
anyone know of a widget that will display short-term weather forecasts?

something that has current temperature up in the notification bar would be nice as well.
The widget from weatherbug puts the current temp along with watches & warnings are displayed in the notifications

I have one widget, called weather & calendar widget, and it tells me 3 days weather forcast.
many widgets provide a multiday forecast.
I am looking for one that gives me very short-term foreceasts.
Something like the next half day.
The wm6 today plugin I mentioned was perfect.
It displayed the next half day (afternoon & evening if it was morning, evening and overnight if it was afternoon, etc)

Have you looked at beautiful widgets? They ... do provide short term weather forecast.
I have installed Beautiful Widgets and do not see this option

Upvote 0
In beautiful widgets, if you just click the weather icon on the clock/weather skin, it takes you to the screen instantly with the short term forecast and current weather/etc.

Oh and for 2acclaim, with Beautiful Widgets you can have the temp in the notification bar.

Oops, just noticed you wanted afternoon/night etc. Sorry :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones