IN-Store VS. Online pricing

Last Updated:

1. BigBoochdaddy

BigBoochdaddy Member This Topic's Starter

Is the in-store pricing 299 with a 100 dollar mail-in rebate or is it an instant rebate like on the Verizon website? Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. i. austin

i. austin Active Member

its a mail in rebate. if ur patient, save the 100 and order online...

3. BigBoochdaddy

Thanks.

4. KoukiFC3S

KoukiFC3S Well-Known Member

I wasnt patient. :(

5. i. austin

i. austin Active Member

lol. me either. i did send the rebate off the same day, so im hopin i'll get the money back before xmas

6. TheBeachBoy

TheBeachBoy Well-Known Member

I went into the store but decided I didn't want to wait for the rebate, so I ordered online. I was also able to get my NE2 as an instant discount rather than a credit. I just have to wait a couple extra days for my Droid to arrive.

7. JoeKC

JoeKC Active Member

Store pricing is $299+tax and then after you've jumped through all the rebate hoops they don't send you money but rather a debit card for $100. (I hadn't seen this thread and I posted my detailed experience today in another thread I started.)

Some will argue you get better, more knowledgeable service in the retail store, but that was absolutely not my experience today. The manager was an incredible jerk who knew nothing, nor did any of his sales people. They were merely interested in upselling the product. The prices listed on the shelves were $259, which included a lot of crap you might not want, but it made it appear you had to take as part of the purchase.

8. i. austin

i. austin Active Member

I can't say I had a great experience at the store either. I purchased my phone with a holster (so i thought) for a grand total of 339.00. Considering it was no ne2 discount, just an annual discount. It seemed about right (299.00 + holster +tax). I didnt bother to ask any questions. I get home and I have a screen protector in the bag, and a car charger, in addition to my holster. Mr VZW salesguy lowered the price of my phone to 149, charged an upgrade fee, then proceeded to add all those other items. I kindly returned them. I know they get credit for selling accessories, but I felt like that was dirty, low, and just unacceptable. I guess I shouldnt complain though, and I didnt make a scene when I went back. I did get the phone for cheaper than I expected right?

9. BigBoochdaddy

I ended up purchasing online. Only thing that stinks is fedex needs a signature and I'm not going to be home.