In the fist month, which phone will sell more units? EVO or iPhone?

EVO vs the new iPhone - More units sold?

1. EVO

16.2%
  2. iPhone

83.8%

Last Updated:

1. polkadots

polkadots Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

1st month, US sales...the EVO vs the new iPhone - which will sell more units?

Advertisement
  2. polkadots

Looks like the main thread got locked again...unbelievable. Nobody was attacking anyone, and the conversation was about the EVO too!

Stolirocks likes this.
  3. dylan88

dylan88 Well-Known Member

everyone was attacking jackson.

4. Matt351

Matt351 Active Member

As much as I'd like the Evo to outsell the Iphone I can't justify saying it will. At&t's customer base along with those using Iphones on T-mobile greatly outnumber Sprint's customer base. Once word of Sprint's 4G network superiority gets to the masses then I expect more to start jumping on the Sprint bandwagon.

5. polkadots

If by attacking you mean questioning his info, then sure. Nobody was attacking the boy, they were just questioning his info. Some has been correct, some hasn't. And if you're going to claim to be an inside source you have to be aware that people will question what you say. If you don't like getting questioned, don't post. Quite simple. :)

6. dylan88

the poll should be, "which phone DO YOU THINK will sell more units?" we arent time travelers.

7. polkadots

Heh, you're right...I'm on probation and can't edit it though.

8. dylan88

9. legacy

legacy Well-Known Member

Iphone will sell more. The Evo could come gold plated, and the next iPhone could be made from poo, and it would still sell more. The iSheep are buying what Stevie is selling. I can hear their arguments now. Bigger app store, greater pixel density (even if they didn't even know what pixel density was until some other fanboi spouted off about it), made from poo (good for the environment! Apple is recycling!), the Evo is too big, and a ton of other nonsense. Brainwashed idiots.

Let me just say that I won't be one of the former iPhone owners adding to Apple's sales numbers though. :)

10. Slylust

Slylust Active Member

before everyone starts voting maybe wait?

Most of what we have is speculation and is not official.

We still officially dont know

Cost of Iphone version 4 vs EVO
    Added cost to monthly plan for evo
    How gullible people are

11. polkadots

We can assume that the cost of the two will be close. Also, the plan for the EVO will probably a minimum of 69.99/mo. As for the gullible people...well, never underestimate the public's propensity for ... well shit, stupidity. I was going for the alliteration but can't think of a synonym for "stupid" that starts with a P.

Regardless, it's just fun to speculate.

12. Jadien

Jadien Well-Known Member

With all respect, I don't think any of those things have a bearing on the purchasing habits of the majority of the people buying the iPhone. Most people just love it because others love it.

With that, I voted the iPhone will beat the EVO, but I also think that it'll be a much smaller margin of victory than it has been before.

13. Eguy

Eguy Well-Known Member

iPhone.

It's Apple. End of discussion. Nothing can compete with them at the moment. The EVO has NO chance of selling more than the iPhone. Hell, the iPhone will sell more in 3 days than the EVO will in a month.

14. cooper1010

cooper1010 Well-Known Member

hi guys, just got back from july 22nd, 2010.

iphone.

15. koolhand79

koolhand79 Well-Known Member

The Iphone will win this easily. The phone is simple, basic and to the point with what it does. For your average consumer the iphone cant be beat. There is little to NO learning curve. Android is not quite as simple or polished as the iphone is. There is a lot to be said for simplicity. And of course the appstore is vastly superior. In todays times apps and games are what makes the phone cool, u can literally keep your phone feeling fresh and new forever with them. Being a Hero owner i know android just doesnt have the same quality of apps. Even the apps that both platforms support, usually the iphone version is better or faster.

I really hope the EVO does well, but if its going to its up to sprint to push the heck out of this thing. And they need to push more than just their 4G network, i dont think the general public knows or cares much about those things. People just want whatever they have to be pretty, work like its suppose to and not cause them to think to much. So come on sprint push this phone RIGHT. Talk about the screen size, the 8mp camera and HD video capabilities. Things that regular people(meaning people who dont visit forums to discuss their new toys) care about.

16. CrazyTechnoBoy

CrazyTechnoBoy Well-Known Member

The iPhone Will Sell More, But Only Because It's The iPhone. It's Like Halo. Everyone Loves It, But Only Because It's Halo, And Halo Is Getting Boring Now. But The Evo Will Still Be The Best!

17. SprintFun

SprintFun VIP Member VIP Member

Probably locked because it got clogged with a giant pissing contest. Imagine that :rolleyes:

18. Stolirocks

Stolirocks Banned

at this point i'm scared to have an opinion or reply to your threads.....sad.

19. Shoemeister

Shoemeister Well-Known Member

I'm optimistic with just about everything pertaining to the EVO, but no. The iPhone will outsell it.

20. neodorian

neodorian Well-Known Member

iPhone is an established brand and has proven itself. It will sell a ton. I personally will be getting an Evo because it's more in line with what I want. Not really my business where other people spend their money :)

21. Caloy

Caloy Well-Known Member

I have to agree, the iPhone will sell more than the EVO. The iPhone doesn't have to compete in itself, unlike the EVO who is in competition not only with the iPhone but every other Android phones that are coming out within the next few months.

22. djdisturbed

djdisturbed Well-Known Member

I would love to see the Evo outsell the iPhone, but in reality, I doubt it will b/c of all the iPhone fanboys. im not saying apple fanboys b/c I'm a HUGE apple/mac computer fan, BUT i loath the iPhone, to me, its not a smart phone, its a iPod on steriods that happends to make phone calls. The only reason why I even own a ipod is b/c my radio in my car can connect to it to play music and it works well on it, BUT it stays hooked to my radio in the glove box al the time, only take it out to add music to it, lol.

23. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Guest

On with my normal banter. I voted iPhone. I think the two devices once actually announced will be quite similar.
    Apple is a master of launches, Sprint not so much.

24. Covert_Death

Covert_Death Well-Known Member

if the evo ever outsells the iPhone, it WON't be month 1, it'll be down the road when it proves it self to the common folk... nobody cares about who HTC or truly understands what wimax is, they don't understand why anroid is better, iPhone already has more people lined up for the iPhone 4th gen then there are people that even know about the EVO

25. dylan88

jeeze. have confidence people!! go evo! *shouts from a lonely corner where no one can here me*