In the middle of updating to leaked 2.2 and....

Last Updated:

1. iAmKing

iAmKing Member This Topic's Starter

After I unrooted to stock 2.1, i uploaded the leaked OTA radio update to my sd and proceeded to reboot and run.

When I completed the patch it asked me if I wanted to reboot, naturally selecting yes.

Now I have nothing.
    It boots to the White HTC Incredible screen and thats it.
    I can do the volume down + power boot, but when I select recovery, I have a big nothing. Just shows the HTC load screen.

What have I done???? :(:(:(
    And how do I fix it??
    (If I can even do so.)

Good news though, I have the most current version of the Baseband :D

Advertisement
  2. moutaindewdope

moutaindewdope Well-Known Member

put PB31IMG.zip (on the forums somewhere) and then select fastboot and it SHOULD restore ur phone exactly to what it was when u took it out of the box.

I've never had todo it, but this is my limited understanding of what this file is for. Best of luck to u!

3. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Just a failed flash, most likely you just got a corrupted download. Re-download the file, then boot into recovery. Select Partitions, and then Mount USB

Then on your computer, delete the old update and put the re-downloaded file onto your SD card.
    Back on your phone, unmount USB, hit power to go back, then select "Install zip from SD" then "Select zip" and select the newly re-downloaded file.

4. iAmKing

iAmKing Member This Topic's Starter

Already tried this, it wont downgrade because the OTA updates the HBOOT and wont allow a downgrade.

I dont have recovery to be able to try another flash.

5. necosino

necosino Well-Known Member

Right, because you unrooted... Hmmm... Adyrnaline said that if you flash the OTA over itself you could brick...

I'd PM him and ask his opinion, too. I don't want to give my advice, since that would be to just re-download and reflash the OTA, which could brick your phone. He may have another idea though.

GrandMasterB likes this.
  6. moutaindewdope

Search around, pretty sure some1 posted a guide to downgrading the HBOOT so that you could flash PB31IMG.zip to go back to stock for w/e reason (unroot for offical updates and/or return a physically damaged device to VZW or Asurion) Follow those instructions, then u should be able to go back to stock 2.1/ 1.XXXX radio and start fresh.

7. moutaindewdope

When you go into recovery which HTC Boot screen are u seeing? The White "HTC Incredible" or a black screen with Red Triiangle?

8. aaman137

aaman137 New Member

Sorry to say, but the same thing happened to me. Updated the radio and itd only boot to the white htc incredible screen, same thing in recovery. Pretty sure your phone is bricked. I returned mine to Verizon, had a new one the next day. Good luck, hope you find a fix.