In what folder are the playlists (created using Droid X stock player) located?Support

Last Updated:

1. child_of_bodom

child_of_bodom Member This Topic's Starter

I assume when you create a playlist on the Droid X it creates an M3U file right? If so, where is it located?

Thanks.

Advertisement
  2. mrdeadhead

mrdeadhead Active Member

haha well if it's anything like the regular Droid, then no. it doesn't create an m3u.
    the playlists created in the music player don't seem to actually exist outside of the music player (at least i've never found them in the long searches i've done, and i've never read anywhere that knew where to find them).

it's something i find extremely annoying, and they need to fix. you can't export them anywhere and if something happens to your phone, they're long gone.

but on the plus side, say you make a playlist on your computer, export it as an m3u and drop that on your phone, then the music player will pick it up and add it to your list of playlists. that may wind up being the safer route to take.

RoadkillAZ likes this.
  3. RoadkillAZ

RoadkillAZ New Member

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction! I made a playlist in Media Monkey called Epic. Export it out as an m3u to my music folder on the Epic. Done. Kind of embarrassing that I didn't think of it on my own. Although I would still like to know where they are stored, just for the principle of it. Just got my Epic yesterday. It amazes me more and more every time I use it.