• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root INC not working properly after long time sitting

Sarosh79

Jul 18, 2010
I had my inc replaced with HTC Thunderbolt a year ago, but then later gave to a friend. Then she got a iPhone 4S. It had CM7, I think she accepted the OTA update when it came up. So now it will not let me download any app, it says CWM is not installed, I tried to install it through ROM Manager, no success, tried to run unrevoked again, no success.

I checked to see android version, its 2.3.3. So IRCC its supposed to be 2.2 or older correct? It still has S-off

So I went ahead and tried to do the 2.2 downgrade, cant get past the mtd0.img push it says,

d:\HTC Incredible stuff\unrevoked3>adb push mtd0.img /sdcard/
failed to copy 'mtd0.img' to '/sdcard//mtd0.img': Read-only file system

I had my inc replaced with HTC Thunderbolt a year ago, but then later gave to a friend. Then she got a iPhone 4S. It had CM7, I think she accepted the OTA update when it came up. So now it will not let me download any app, it says CWM is not installed, I tried to install it through ROM Manager, no success, tried to run unrevoked again, no success.

I checked to see android version, its 2.3.3. So IRCC its supposed to be 2.2 or older correct? It still has S-off

So I went ahead and tried to do the 2.2 downgrade, cant get past the mtd0.img push it says,
Are the other commands working properly? Copy and paste your adb session and post here ...

Upvote 0
ok here it is

d:\HTC Incredible stuff\unrevoked3>adb devices
List of devices attached
HT04CHJ04801 device

d:\HTC Incredible stuff\unrevoked3>adb push flash_image /data/local/
cannot stat 'flash_image': No such file or directory
d:\HTC Incredible stuff\unrevoked3>adb push flash_image.txt /data/local/
1644 KB/s (75805 bytes in 0.045s)
d:\HTC Incredible stuff\unrevoked3>adb push mtd0.img /sdcard/
failed to copy 'mtd0.img' to '/sdcard//mtd0.img': Read-only file system
d:\HTC Incredible stuff\unrevoked3>adb push PB31IMG.zip /sdcard/
failed to copy 'PB31IMG.zip' to '/sdcard//PB31IMG.zip': Read-only file system

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Reactions: Sarosh79
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones