• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Inc Owners -> X Owners

I love my inc. never had bad call quality...the screen is a little hard to see in BRIGHT sunlight but so is my sisters droid..being just a bit better then mine...but no sunlight the incredible blows away the droid..just my two cents..... i was thinking about the x just for something different....but if i was anyone i would not get the x cause you think its that much better....

Upvote 0
I love my inc. never had bad call quality...the screen is a little hard to see in BRIGHT sunlight but so is my sisters droid..being just a bit better then mine...but no sunlight the incredible blows away the droid..just my two cents..... i was thinking about the x just for something different....but if i was anyone i would not get the x cause you think its that much better....

I agree I never had issues with my Incredible's reception either, also I never thought the sunlight issue was that much worse then other phones I have owned.

With that said though I wanted the X purely because of how big the screen is, I know for some that is enough reason to get it and for others that is the turn off.

Upvote 0
1. 720p
2. 4.3" of greatness (not loving the overall size, but there is NO way the screen can be put to shame by my Inc's Pentile Matrix.
3. The Inc seems maxed out already. I'm hoping the X leaves reason to root.
4. Unresponsive touch-screen on my Inc is going a bit out of control. Started off barely noticeable, but now it selects random things without my touching it.
5. Quality. My friend with a Moto Droid dropped his phone down a flight of concrete steps, and the most he had was some metal knicks. I've removed the back cover of the Inc when trying to root, and now it won't stop squeaking when pressed.
6. ALWAYS going into edge on my Inc when not on wifi.
same here.. these are the reasons why i will switch over from the DInc.

Upvote 0
I posted this in Incredible forum section, but overall, I am really lost because I love my Incredible ie size, look, performance...but I have had poor call quality and the pink tint screen is horrible, especially at lowest brightness...so considering those, Moto X will outweigh because of 3 mics and nice crisp screen. But, I don't know how much bigger it is....we have not seen a single video that shows the Incredible and X side by side and being a girl, I am a bit leary. :confused

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
I posted this in Incredible forum section, but overall, I am really lost because I love my Incredible ie size, look, performance...
But, I don't know how much bigger it is....we have not seen a single video that shows the Incredible and X side by side and being a girl, I am a bit leary. :confused
I also really love my Inc's size and have any no problems with it. I'm at 30 days tomorrow and I decided to return it for the X. Just seems like the X is going to be a better phone.

I'm also worried about the size, but I decided that it's worth it. In exchange for the bigger footprint, you do get a bigger screen, which is a big advantage too. I'm still a little worried it'll just be too big, but I'm going to switch.

If you still aren't sure about the size, just go to a Sprint store and play with an EVO or a TMO Store with an HD2. The EVO is slightly shorter and about the same width and slightly thicker than the X. It's definitely close enough that it'll give you a good idea of how the X will feel.

Upvote 0
I also really love my Inc's size and have any no problems with it. I'm at 30 days tomorrow and I decided to return it for the X. Just seems like the X is going to be a better phone.

I'm also worried about the size, but I decided that it's worth it. In exchange for the bigger footprint, you do get a bigger screen, which is a big advantage too. I'm still a little worried it'll just be too big, but I'm going to switch.

If you still aren't sure about the size, just go to a Sprint store and play with an EVO or a TMO Store with an HD2. The EVO is slightly shorter and about the same width and slightly thicker than the X. It's definitely close enough that it'll give you a good idea of how the X will feel.

I probably will...as I need to settle down for one too...I am getting tired of going after the latest and the greatest. With the Incredible...if only the call quality was good, the back cover metal (or more sturdy) and no pink tint....cause I love the trackpad and the way it looks. :)

Upvote 0
So what are your reasons on why you're moving over to the Droid X?

My main reasons:

1. HD video recording
2. Larger screen size (much more screen real estate)
3. Build quality
4. Better battery life (far greater with the 1930mAh battery that adds ONLY 1mm thickness)
5. Better photos
6. Far superior performance with ROOT and Froyo
7. Better reception
8. Mifi
9. Home button wakes the screen when locked!
10. The speaker on my phone blew out and am waiting for a replacement to sell on Ebay. Bad mistake from HTC along with all of their other hardware issues.

in that order

Upvote 0
My main REASON:

The Inc Community. We never had the accessory support like other devices, some are barely achieving root, and Verizon is just leaving us out in the cold a bit. I love my phone, and I appreciate unrEVOked for even trying, but watching as potential Inc members and current ones so willing leave because of the problems is a bit disheartening.

Other reasons:
1. 720p
2. 4.3" of greatness (not loving the overall size, but there is NO way the screen can be put to shame by my Inc's Pentile Matrix.
3. The Inc seems maxed out already. I'm hoping the X leaves reason to root.
4. Unresponsive touch-screen on my Inc is going a bit out of control. Started off barely noticeable, but now it selects random things without my touching it.
5. Quality. My friend with a Moto Droid dropped his phone down a flight of concrete steps, and the most he had was some metal knicks. I've removed the back cover of the Inc when trying to root, and now it won't stop squeaking when pressed.
6. ALWAYS going into edge on my Inc when not on wifi.

Just my .02. I'm really on the fence about switching. My 30 days expires the 1st of July, but I'm wondering if I can wait it out until I can handle the X on the 15th and then make a stink about my Inc's unresponsive screen problem... Choices choices.

Just an FYI for number 4. there.
I had same problem it turned out the hard case I had on it was too tight. I also had a bestskin on it and togeather that made it very tight. It caused the screen to act like I was touching it. The same thing happened when I put the 1750 touch battery in that is a hair bigger. It also cause a tight fit and made the screen act funny, like your touching it. So if you have a hard case on or anything that is putting the squeeze on it you might want to remove it and see if that helps

Upvote 0
My Inc day 30 is coming up Monday and I decided to send it back and will get the X.

I too am worried that the Inc will be an orphaned phone. Looks like it's going to be a very short sales cycle for it. Verizon must be really ticked off at HTC for not being able to produce the phones.

I like the faster proc, hopefully better battery, 720p video, larger screen, official Swype (with mic button).

Main negative of the X is the size, but I'm over it. I'll deal with it in exchange of all of the other things.

You know for a big phone it isn't really a lot bigger than the Dinc. I have the dimensions drawn up on a piece of paper and when I lay my dinc over it it's only about 1/8 inch wider and about 1/2 inch taller. Big wooop!

Upvote 0
Thanks for the help! I definitely don't want to give up the DInc until I've held and played with the X. Luckily my ship date for the Inc is right around the X release date, so that should work out. I think I may call Verizon and see about this restocking fee. I can see them waiving it when it's unopened, but I wonder if they'll waive it if I open and play with it a bit.

Either way, thanks for the answer!

I was told yes. IMO if they are going to give you 30 days to try it out they shouldn't be charging to restock fee if you decide you don't like it. But that's just me?

Upvote 0
I cancelled my order for the DInc on Friday and was told that it would take until Wednesday to cancel the order and refund my credit card for the order. Because my order was not scheduled to ship until July 9th, I am reasonably sure the order will be cancelled before it is shipped.

I am waiting till the 15th to get Droid X at VZW store just to make sure I get my employee discount.
:D

don't assume that. I canceled mine and was told no problem, "it's canceled" . It showed up on my doorstep 10 days later.:(

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Thank you for not saying 1 or 5 ...i saw the x's 720p and it dont look much different then my inc.... and the pics are not as nice as the inc...moto uses crap
camera's

The 720p on the X is the same as the 480p on the Incredible? LOL I'm sorry, I have the Incredible right now and I'm embarrassed to use its video recording. Don't even try comparing a 480p vs. 720p. The sound alone is HORRIBLE.

Pics are not as nice as the Inc? From what I've seen, the X is equal or better than my Incredible. Where are you looking at for X's photos?

EDIT: Umm... why are you showing an album of iPhone 4 photos? Everyone knows that iPhone 4 has the best camera...

Upvote 0
My cell phones have been smaller than my wallet since about 1995. All the spare change I carry sure makes a wallet super thick.

From the tear down pics of the X, the camera appears to be a complete piece of crap. It doesn't even look like it has auto focus. It's a $10 fixed focus 4'-Infin lens. The posted shots and video from reviewers seems to bear this out. I'm expecting a step down from the Inc. HTC cameras have consistently seemed better than the Motos I've had. I'll be lowering my expectations here but the camera is less important to me.

I always use a resolution chart to assess quality: http://67.122.16.97/lars/hc1/ISO_12233-reschart.pdf
and then assess the result http://67.122.16.97/lars/hc1/HDVCompare.mpg 59MB

I'll try to post some when I get all the phones in hand and compare them with, say, a 7MP Canon point and shoot and a DSLR.

Upvote 0
My cell phones have been smaller than my wallet since about 1995. All the spare change I carry sure makes a wallet super thick.

From the tear down pics of the X, the camera appears to be a complete piece of crap. It doesn't even look like it has auto focus. It's a $10 fixed focus 4'-Infin lens. The posted shots and video from reviewers seems to bear this out. I'm expecting a step down from the Inc. HTC cameras have consistently seemed better than the Motos I've had. I'll be lowering my expectations here but the camera is less important to me.

Wow are you serious? lol Keep in mind.. I HAVE the Incredible. I have taken a lot of pictures and some video. From the results, it matches or betters the Incredible. It certainly does not have a over-sharpness issue that the Incredible has. I have taken plenty of photos that were out of focus or very soft. It's a camera that has a large range of results.

Added: Check the PC World link that ctxx24 generously provided and see the comparison between iPhone 4, EVO 4G, Droid X, and Galaxy S. Since the EVO and Incredible have the same camera... why is it such a big difference?

Do you agree with ctxx24 than the video quality on the Inc is much better than the Droid X?

Upvote 0
The 720p on the X is the same as the 480p on the Incredible? LOL I'm sorry, I have the Incredible right now and I'm embarrassed to use its video recording. Don't even try comparing a 480p vs. 720p. The sound alone is HORRIBLE.

Pics are not as nice as the Inc? From what I've seen, the X is equal or better than my Incredible. Where are you looking at for X's photos?

EDIT: Umm... why are you showing an album of iPhone 4 photos? Everyone knows that iPhone 4 has the best camera...

ummm its not just iphone pics look a little harder

Upvote 0
Wow are you serious? lol Keep in mind.. I HAVE the Incredible. I have taken a lot of pictures and some video. From the results, it matches or betters the Incredible. It certainly does not have a over-sharpness issue that the Incredible has. I have taken plenty of photos that were out of focus or very soft. It's a camera that has a large range of results.

Added: Check the PC World link that ctxx24 generously provided and see the comparison between iPhone 4, EVO 4G, Droid X, and Galaxy S. Since the EVO and Incredible have the same camera... why is it such a big difference?

Do you agree with ctxx24 than the video quality on the Inc is much better than the Droid X?

Iam not trying to debate this as iam prolly getting the x...
thats just how i feel....but put some inc pics in there bet they beat out most of them

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones