Inc phone signal reception compared to Moto Droid?General

Last Updated:

1. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Posts are starting to pop up with the same points made by a few reviewers: "Inc has weaker reception than other Verizon phones", "Inc is two bars weaker than Droid", "Inc drops calls where others do not".

I will have both a Droid and Inc up and running by this time tomorrow, but would appreciate early reports to refute the above :) Hoping it just a fluke and the radio is at least as good as Droid.

BTW, device seems a lot lighter than my N900. Based on size and weight, an extended battery would not be noticed too much on the Inc. Shame I could not take a Droid and Inc out of the VZW store to test ;)

Oh well, not long to find out about the radio reception myself :)

added:

Good news is their MAY be a workaround on the 6.6gb, third party app access issue- without HTC involvement- assuming devs update, of course.

Advertisement
  2. 5thElement

5thElement Banned

Oh ya because green bars tell you all kinds of detailed information about signal strenth. :rolleyes:

Only way to really view reception is to view the db numbers in the phone. Looking at green bars is a waste of time and means nothing.

3. markketch

markketch Well-Known Member

^ What 5th said. Bars are just a convenient pictorial representation of signal strength, but the real value is in the dBs.

4. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Bars or even dB report could be wrong. I will test both devices tomorrow in fringe areas with Youtube vids in an area one shows 3G and the other 1X. Also will test where one device shows a connection and the other shows no service. Pretty cut and dry there ;)

added

Regardless, I am looking forward to testing them.

5. jamesdean

jamesdean Well-Known Member

I have both devices are that are the same in signal strength, reception and sound quality.