• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Inc to Droid X - Sense repacements

inkyeyes

Lurker
Jul 11, 2010
I've been a long time Blackberry user. Finally decided to jump ship to a Droid Incredible. Ordered on 6/4, received on 7/1. Then the Droid X was announced. Had vzw send me a Droid X to swap out for the Incredible. I got the Droid X last friday and still have the Inc too.

There's plenty of things about the Inc that weren't perfect. Now that I've used the Droid X I totally have to appreciate how much development HTC puts into their Sense interface and Apps. The ones like the Desk Clock/Alarm/Timer/Stopwatch are far better than what is found on the X.

I know that their beautiful apps are also the main reason that they won't have froyo out for a while for their devices.

Does anyone know of any app that is close to the Clock / Timer / Stopwatch app that HTC made for the Incredible. I don't see to be able to find any apps that are even close to as well designed. I really like how the dials can be spun to set the timer and then they spin to count down when started.

2010-07-19_01-50-40_413.jpg

I have great hope for the Droid X and the android platform. I have no trouble paying for well designed and functional apps. :)

I've been a long time Blackberry user. Finally decided to jump ship to a Droid Incredible. Ordered on 6/4, received on 7/1. Then the Droid X was announced. Had vzw send me a Droid X to swap out for the Incredible. I got the Droid X last friday and still have the Inc too.

There's plenty of things about the Inc that weren't perfect. Now that I've used the Droid X I totally have to appreciate how much development HTC puts into their Sense interface and Apps. The ones like the Desk Clock/Alarm/Timer/Stopwatch are far better than what is found on the X.

I know that their beautiful apps are also the main reason that they won't have froyo out for a while for their devices.

Does anyone know of any app that is close to the Clock / Timer / Stopwatch app that HTC made for the Incredible. I don't see to be able to find any apps that are even close to as well designed. I really like how the dials can be spun to set the timer and then they spin to count down when started.

2010-07-19_01-50-40_413.jpg

I have great hope for the Droid X and the android platform. I have no trouble paying for well designed and functional apps. :)

I hated the moto blur garbage and loved the slick htc sence interface.
All i wanted was a nice clock and a calendar app that synced with my gmail calendar.

Upvote 0
Have you tried Beautiful Widgets - Home? I've been searching around and my best recommendation is to use the Beautiful Home widget, customize it to how you would like for it to look, and you can choose what app you would like to open when you press on the time. I currently have it set up to immediately go to the Alarm and Timer app. There's no stopwatch though... I don't know how important that is to you. It's very simple to set up and you can easily choose to have an MP3 song for your alarm. It will also go from soft to loud as to not startle you when it is activated (my Incredible did that a lot).

I highly recommend using LauncherPro. It gives you so much customization capabilities that it completely blows Sense and Moto's UI away. There's a reason why so many people are using LauncherPro instead of Sense on their Incredibles. I still have my Incredible, but never used LauncherPro on it. I never really understood that app until I got the Droid X. Any UI complaints with Moto's UI (which is NOT Blur) is easily solved with one simple download from the Market. :)

Reactions: Droid Ninja
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones