Inc to Moto X

1. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

Recently I bought a Droid Inc, but now I'm considering getting the Moto X. I'm past the 30 day return mark, so I know I can't just send the inc back. So, my question is can I still get the phone subsidized with a 1-2yr contract, or do I have to pay the full retail price or $500-600?

Advertisement
  2. garland

garland Active Member

Well you can sell the Inc and get around $400-$500 for it and pick up the Shadow at full retail. You can't renew after the 30 day period so your locked in. It won't harm your contract in anyway as long as you switch phones. That's my plan actually.
    dylo22 likes this.
  3. aleis

aleis Well-Known Member

i`ve been monitoring this on ebay to see what the prices are like.
    htc incredible phone items - Get great deals on Cell Phones Smartphones, Cell Phone PDA Accessories items on eBay.com!

yesterday it was 19 so...in a day 5 used incredibles have sold.
    the cheapest was $480. now they are $500 +
    mines is going on for $475 buy it now to make sure it sales.
    it also has a bunch of accessories as i intended to keep it...
    but i`ve made up my mind. i`ll be buying a new phone...whenever i new phone comes out :)
    i work hard. i have the money. IM BUYING!! :)
    dylo22 likes this.
  4. dmiller2007

dmiller2007 Well-Known Member

Guess I'm not the only person who has been watching incredibles on ebay to see how much the difference is going to be when the droid x comes out haha
  5. ashykat

ashykat Well-Known Member

Now is definitely the time to capitalize on the amoled shortage keeping new DInc's from reaching people. Once the supply catches up with demand the prices will drop for sure.
  6. Paznos

Paznos Well-Known Member

oops wrong thread.
  7. dmiller2007

It is the best time but I don't want to go back to a dumb phone for an undisclosed amount of time. I just wish they'd announce the release date before next wednesday. In a perfect world they'd release it next week
  8. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification. I think I'm going to wait for the reviews for the Moto X before selling my DINC on ebay. Overall, I like the incredible. It's very close to being perfect if it wasn't for a few things. One of the issues is call quality. The incredible call quality is okay. Sometimes I get calls that are clear, but other times I get them garbled. I'm hoping that the Moto X will do better in that department.
  9. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I'm definitely selling mine if the Droid X gets good reviews, especially about the battery. I'm worried that the phone will suck up a lot of battery. My Inc with the extended battery gets me well throughout the day.
  10. kentl901

kentl901 Well-Known Member

Sucking up the $35 rental fee. Going to return it and wait for the X.

Got my replacement DInc, but the screen still looks like crap. Can't deal with the random reboots either. I tried to like the plastic casing, but for a high-end phone like this.. its hard to accept.

11. There is supposed to be an ota coming to fix this issue
  12. dmiller2007

I cannot wait to get rid of these incredible. I'm on my 2nd one and the phone has been great up until a few days ago. The battery life took a shit on me, getting random reboots, and the radio strength is starting to get really bad. It actually is showing the time for me at 4:34 a.m., 3 hours ahead, and I live in PA. I tried setting it to eastern time zone to no avail. I had the battery management down to a science and it's downright pathetic anymore. And no I haven't downloaded any app recently that might have caused these sudden problems. With a new phone on the horizon, I'm opening my eyes to these "incredible" problems. Sorry for the rant.
  13. That sucks I live in pa too but have no problems u are stating. seems more and more issues with incredible are popping up.
  14. dmiller2007

Yeah. Until recently this phone has been everything I wanted in a phone. I was only planning on getting the X because of the bigger screen and better processor. But now I'm starting to doubt htc hardware. I'm confident moto will put a capable radio in and their omap will be less power hungry as snapdragon and I'm liking that it comes with a larger battery.
  15. I think Motorola has more at stake seeing how they nearly went out of business as less and less people wanted their phones. They have been producing better phones so I think you're right
  16. dmiller2007

I had the original droid. I had no real problems with the phone. It just got outdated in my eyes when the inc came out. I'm pretty exited to see what the X battery life will be like. Something about the omap being built on a 45nm chip, slightly over my head, and supposedly using far less battery power to run. Plus it has a 1530 mh battery opposed to the inc's 1300. I will miss the amoled screen tho. I think it'll be tough for the X to top that.
  17. dylo22

dylo22 Well-Known Member

What about insurance? I have the asurion insurance for the incredible. Will I be able to cancel or transfer to the new owner?
  18. dmiller2007

Got me there. As long as you purchase the phone on your account, you should be able to have it covered by insurance.
  19. oc|-titan

oc|-titan Member

I got $540 out of my incredible after a one day auction on ebay. I listed it starting at $449. What's funny is I wanted to get it sold before the masses knew of the Droid 2 and Droid X and literally the morning the auction ended the Verizon teaser site was put up so I got lucky =)
  20. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Good news for Motorola is they are using LCD, so no need to worry about OLED shortages. Samsung is more focused on their Galaxy devices, so their display customers appear to be in back of the supply line.

"Beer", it's what's for dinner.
  21. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

I've heard from a few sites that the X will have the Snapdragon as well, not the OMAP. Doesn't make any difference to me, I'm still selling my Inc to get the X, I can't wait for that 4.3" screen.
  22. ylexot

ylexot Well-Known Member

"a few sites" meaning Droid Life? They've retracted that. It's an OMAP.
  23. dmiller2007

And he's starting that it's "unofficially official" that it has an omap. Phew. Btw, anyone seen thishttp://briefmobile.com/droid-x-release-set-for-july-2nd
  24. Wolfedude88

Wolfedude88 Well-Known Member

Yeah I love it, yesterday they were positive it was snapdragon now they are positive it isn't. I am confident they are right this time, but dang get with it.
  25. rushmore

rushmore Well-Known Member

Motorola are big TI fans. Snapdragon would be as likely as the iphone getting Flash ;)