• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Incipio droid x case released!

Just got mine yesterday. Rather liking it so far...soft on the front and sides, hard on the back. Unlike the Verizon case I was using where I had to "reach" to hit some of the buttons, this case actually accents them a bit. Very nice. I'll try to take some pics over the weekend if people would like. I did notice areas where the two parts of the case aren't -quite- flush, but it's a very minor issue and not particularly obvious.

No lint issues so far. Because it is silicone the back in particular seems a bit prone to picking up smudges, but I'm not really concerned with the back of the case. :)

Upvote 0
My case actually snapped the other day. I was taking off the case and I guess I pulled too hard and the corner just snapped. I haven't been home long enough to check if this thing has a warrenty or if they will send me another. Im pretty bummed. I love this case. Im using my amzer again untill I find out if I can get another.

Upvote 0
Does anyone know the best case that goes on and off fast so I can slip my X into the the multimedia dock at night? As you know the only dock on the market does not work with a case. I am not not keen though on this silicone case which was the only thing I could get in a pinch at the Verizon store. I wish Seidio had a case and dock. My blackberry had a case, holster and dock combo they made that worked together and I loved them.

Upvote 0
They are sending me a replacement. They were really quick to help me and tell me what they needed which was just a picture of the broken case and my order info. They are shipping it to me today :)

2010-12-27_11-43-00_71.jpg

Upvote 0
Just got my Incipio yesterday and so far I am very, very happy with it. Far better than the annoying to press buttons Amzer clunky case or the cheap two piece snap together case I bought.

Pros:
The buttons are as easy to press as if there was nothing covering them.
Has a high quality look and feel to it (no molding seams like the Amzer).

Cons:
Collects lint for now....we'll see if that quits.
Unknown long term durability with the soft silicone around the face of the phone.

All in all, I'm finally happy that I found a phone case I like.

Upvote 0
For those whose case is cracking, should be aware this was the biggest issue I had with Incipio's feather case when I had my Blackberry Storm. I went through 3 different cases (each time Incipio sent me a new one free of charge) before giving upon the brand. I would have hoped it was exclusive to the BB Storm case I had, but it looks like Incipio just fails when it comes to testing.

Be weary...

Upvote 0
http://www.droidxforums.com/forum/droid-x-accessories/16647-my-case-dock-search-might-over.html

Here's a thread I posted on Droid X Forums with pictures on the Incipio Silicrylic case as well as car and desk docks that I'm using it with. I'm very happy with this setup. As far as the questions regarding the extended battery, it can be used with the extended battery door, but it does put a slight curve to the acrylic backing and I don't think it's as perfect a fit as with the standard battery door. Others have mentioned taking the extended battery door off. That's a possibility, but I'm not sure what risks there might be with dust/dirt getting into the phone. So, for now, I've been just using it with my standard battery setup.

Upvote 0
Did the car dock come with the magnet or did you mod it your self?

I went to a Michael's arts and crafts store and bought a pack of 4 neo magnets for about $2.50 and super glued one of them onto the dock. If you do this, make sure to check out the position of the magnet as well as the polarity BEFORE you glue it into place. The spot where I glued it and the thickness of the magnet worked out well because I placed the phone with the camera lens end of the phone into the "feet" of the dock so that the magnet balances out the thicker end of the lens so it lays flat against the dock. The polarity of the magnet makes a difference because one side activates the car dock mode while the other side activates the desk clock mode.

Upvote 0
That's exactly how I broke mine. I had to pull thebattery and I snapped it truing to take it off. And putting it in my car dock I always have to pull it off. I need to get a better car dock.

Amaroth: I do recommend the Arkon dock if you don't want to have to remove the case every time you dock it. Curious about when you cracked yours...when it happened, did you pull on the corner closest to the lens? It is pretty thin up there because of the lens opening and the volume rocker cutout so I think pulling off the case from the bottom edge might be safer???

Upvote 0
Out of all the available "premium" cases for the Droid X, I think I'm sold on this one, that is I'm sold on everything BUT the price. I've owned several similar cases from Incipio in the past (particularly Feather) and have had several "crack" on me (though Incipio is great about replacing free of charge).

Hopefully they release some codes/coupons soon

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones