• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Included 8GB SD Card Speed Results

any more reviews about it
smile.gif

Upvote 0
Interesting.
So is it possible that CrystalDiskMark is meaningless unless you test all the cards on the same PC?
I guess the read/write speed of the computer itself plays a part in it.

These are my thoughts, last night I actually ran the test a couple of times on the same PC, with dramatically different results:

1. Same PC, using miniSD with Sandisk SD adapter, plugged directly into my PC (SD port). The results were horrible, literally half of the screen above.

2. Same PC, plugged my DHD directly into the machine using supplied HTC USB cable. The results are seen in my last screenshot.

3. Same PC, plugged my DHD directly into the machine using a Blackberry USB cable, the results were marginally higher than the screen above.

4. Same PC on balanced power profile instead of High Performance (i.e Stepspeed enabled), and the results were somewhat lower.

The conclusion I came to is as you've stated, unless you're tested on the same machine, under the same conditions the comparisons are next to useless.

Tonight I'll retest my OE card on the W7 x64 machine and see where I get to. Anybody know if the DHD is USB 3.0 compatible?

Upvote 0
Fio, but this is just the Read speeds, does it report Write?

Regardless, I think the results will be skewed significantly by our hardware. The results so far indicate to me that the Chipset is as much to do with the results as the cards we're testing.

The only way we'll get good results for R/W is by testing the cards on our own machines, and then comparing the % relative increases from the OE card to the aftermarket item.

Still don't let that deter you from posting more results people :)

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones