Incoming call not finding matching contactsSupport

Last Updated:

1. desperado

desperado Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I had a call from a number I didn't recognize the other day. Then again today. In my call history it just said "Unknown" with the number. But when I tried entering the number into the phone it pulled up a contact record with the matching number and I now knew who was trying to call me.

I don't understand why the phone lists the caller as unknown when the number is in my contacts. So I clicked on the call history and saved the number to the same contact which generated a duplicate entry for that number and now my history shows that contact name instead of "Unknown".

The only difference in the numbers for this contact are the format the original number was entered as (XXX) XXX-XXXX the number saved from history is just XXXXXXXXXX, but I have other contacts in my list with the (XXX) XXX-XXXX format that work just fine.

Anyone know what prevents incoming calls from finding the matching contact and displaying when the call comes in, and in history?

Advertisement
  2. Santinoirish

Santinoirish Member

I've been having the same problem and just started noticing it. It seems to only happen when the call is call waiting. Any thoughts from anyone else?

3. rb3

rb3 Member

I've noticed this behavior as well recently. Seems to have started after I installed google voice. I don't know if it's related or not, but it certainly is annoying.

4. desperado

desperado Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

I don't have google voice so I don't think that was the cause.

The call I had was configured to go straight to voicemail. I wonder if that was the cause.