• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Incoming call speeds battery drain

mcleaver

Jan 11, 2010
It's been a quiet day and I hadn't called out. The first incoming call was at about 3 pm and suddenly the phone started feeling warm in my pocket and, looking at the battery status, I saw that it has been draining twice as fast ever since. Is this a known issue? The drain isn't as bad as having a hand warmer in my chest pocket.

This is what it looked like an hour and a quarter after the incoming (unanswered) call. I see now I did have a successful incoming call earlier and one later too, but they didn't affect the drain, so I assume it must have been the unanswered call.

Attachments

• 2015-02-19-15-32-18 Samsung Galaxy S5 battery drain.jpg
    2015-02-19-15-32-18 Samsung Galaxy S5 battery drain.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 0
OK try this :)
first off just pull your battery out of your phone next place it back in your phone then hold down the power button home button and volume up button at the same time until the phone comes on and vibrates. you should be in the recovery now use your volume rocker to select clear cache use the power button to clear it then select reboot and see if that helps your issues. before doing this just google clearing cache for Galaxy s5 to get all the steps in more detail :)
after clearing the cache and the battery pull let your phone run for a while and see if it clears things up

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones