Incoming calls disconnect when I move the phoneSupport

1. Nelduhuh

Nelduhuh Member

My Razr Maxx disconnects incoming calls when I pull it out of my purse or pocket. I initially thought that I was touching the screen when taking it out and I now know it's not the screen but just moving the phone that disconnects the calls. Is there a setting that makes movement of the phone disconnect calls?

Advertisement
    :
  2. narayanan9190

narayanan9190 Well-Known Member

no there is no such thing..if your device is new, take it back to verizon guys
  3. MasterGadgets

MasterGadgets Well-Known Member

Are you by chance hitting the power button when removing the phone from pocket or purse?
  4. razrclive

razrclive Well-Known Member

Try going into settings / accessibility and checking that "power button ends call" is not checked.
  5. narayanan9190

narayanan9190 Well-Known Member

yes thats actually a good catch mastergadgets...sorry I did not think of that
  6. Nelduhuh

Nelduhuh Member

I've been very careful how I take it out--to make sure I don't touch anything except the screen and the back, which is why I thought it was my touching the screen that was causing it. I did not touch the screen the last time and as soon as I moved it the call was disconnected. I can't duplicate it right now (isn't that always the case) but I will try again tonight, which is when it usually happens.
  7. Podivin

Podivin VIP Member VIP Member

I THINK there is an option to silence the ringer by moving the phone (my phone isn't on the stock ROM, so I can't check for sure). Could it be that happening??
  8. Nelduhuh

Nelduhuh Member

I don't know where to do that. I've looked everywhere and don't find that option. May not be available in ICS. I could not get it to disconnect a call yesterday no matter how much I touched the screen or moved it. Go figure. I guess I fixed it without doing anything but re-boot. Thanks for the suggestions.