incoming calls going to external speakerSupport

Last Updated:

1. ozarkham

ozarkham Well-Known Member

Recently all incoming calls autoroute to the external speaker. Any ideas on how I can change this? Thanks.

2. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

This is why I don't have an Incredible 2 anymore, mine did exactly this, it is the dock sensor that is "stuck", it thinks it is the dock. You can try a factory reset, but it most likely a hardware issue, you will need to get it replaced. :(
    ozarkham likes this.
  3. ozarkham

That's what I was afraid of. This is a replacement phone for another issue I was having. Looks like the replacement phone will need replaced.
  4. acejavelin

acejavelin Well-Known Member

Yeah, sucks... I loved my Incredible 2 when I had it, when I went to get a replacement because of this issue they were out and stuck me with a Samsung Stratosphere (NEVER AGAIN!), twice, then I finally got into a Rezound, loving that one.

Hope you have better luck with your next replacement!
  5. ozarkham

I think I found the problem. I had a profile app that wasn't playing nice with the Dinc2. I did a hard restart and then did NOT re-install the profile app. So far so good. Question is, is it the app or the latest HTC update that messed it up? It was working several weeks ago. I've since downloaded another profile app and it appears to be working.
  6. AndrewBerry

AndrewBerry New Member

How do you do a hard restart?
  7. ozarkham

Warning: Please back up any and all data that you would like to keep prior to performing a hard reset. A hard reset removes all information from your device and returns it to a state just like it has never been used before.
    All contacts, messages, emails, third-party applications, etc. will need to be reinstalled after performing a hard reset. To perform a hard reset, from the Home screen tap Menu > Settings > SD & phone storage > Factory data reset. Follow the on-screen prompts to complete. This process may take 5-10 minutes.