• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Incoming calls not working....

I just got my Droid yesterday and all of the sudden about two hours ago my girlfriend said she tried calling me for the last 40 min and my phone would ring once and go to voicemail. Earlier in the day i called Verizon to cancel my Visual Voicemail and after the rep did that for me he told me to dial *228 and select option 2 to update my roaming features....so I did.

Since then my girlfriend had the issue of her calls going to voicemail and my phone not even ringing.

Can *228 cause this issue? Is this a common problem?

I called Verizon back and the rep told me to dial *228 and hit option 1 to reprogram my phone. I did it and tried calling my phone from my other line and it is working fine. I can make calls no problem too. I calle my Droid about 15 times and everytime it went through.

Is it possible for a specific person's phone to have an issue getting through to another phone?

This is really boggling my mind....can anyone help?

This happened to me for a while.. my girlfriend's calls would never go through, and she was on Verizon with me. I did the reprogram thing a few times, option 1 and 2. It fixed it a bit I think but still happened every now n then. Lately though I haven't really had many calls drop, but I haven't done anything since to fix it, so maybe it's just a network glitch or something. I had friends on Verizon who don't have the Droid but had similar problems, so that leads me more to believe it was something with the network.

Upvote 0
That was the first thing I checked was the contact setting for direct voicemail and it was fine. Not checked off. I think it is network related myself. I've been scouring the web for the last hour and have read similar accounts from other Verizon users with different phones. Just hope it doesn't continue cause right now I'm all worried and concerned.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones