Incoming calls only showing number.Support

Last Updated:

1. SONE9

SONE9 Active Member This Topic's Starter

Recently bought the x10 and I am still getting used to it. One thing I have noticed is that when a caller not on my list is calling, I only see the number. When I plop my sim back into my old shitty LG VU, I can once again see the number and the name registered to it. Is this an x10 thing?

Advertisement
  2. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

Go to Settings: Call Settings : Additional Settings: and see under "Caller ID" if you can change anything.

3. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

That's normal isn't it, if you haven't stored a number before, how is the phone supposed to know who it is.

4. BingoRingo

BingoRingo Well-Known Member

I know with Rogers Call Display (the number) and Name Display (the name!) are two separate things.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe you cannot have name display without call display.

And they charge you $8/month for that! I don't know if it includes both call & name display...

So basically, if you have Call display without Name Display, and the name is not in your phone, you won't see it. If you have both, no matter who calls you you'll get both the number and the name.

5. SONE9

I do have both, hence why in my OP I stated it works fine in my LG VU.

EDIT: Some rogers guy said android just doesn't offer it, but I don't know if that has any truth to it or not.

6. clockwork58

clockwork58 Well-Known Member

There could be some truth to that. I have an old Rogers BB Data Value Pack which has:
    500 MB for e-mail, IM, browsing
    Call Display with Name Display
    Enhanced Voicemail
    10,000 sent Text Messages
    10,000 Picture/Video Messages
    WhoCalledTM

I get call display on my x10 where number shows, but no name unless that person is already in my phone book. I remember my previous phones, like BB or win mobile would show the name.

So maybe it is an Android limitation.

7. SONE9

Maybe, and also my 500mb on my old LG VU doesn't work at all on my x10, I'm told I need a new data plan :(.

8. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

+1.. That is how mine works with 1.6...:)

9. gunny5821

gunny5821 Well-Known Member

Of course, new plan = more $$$ out of your pocket = less features... Yeah that sounds about right, LOL :rolleyes:

10. SONE9

I am unclear as to what the purpose of your post is. Thanks to others who answered tough

11. X10iUser

X10iUser Well-Known Member

But you also state that the contacts aren't in your list, which I assume you're referring to the phone book?
    Am I missing something here. If a total stranger rings me today, why is the name of the person calling going to show up if I don't have their name and number stored in my phonebook?

12. JDwan

JDwan Well-Known Member

I think they're expecting it to work like it does on a regular phone (landline) where if the number is listed in the phonebook (as in the physical phonebook not what is on your phone), the name and number are displayed.

Though with this phone (and on my W580i, maybe it's a SE thing?), it will only show the number unless a) the number has been marked as unknown/private or b)that number is already stored on my phone in which case the name and number will show up.

13. SONE9

Yes that is exactly what I was referring to. If someone I didn't have on my list called me on my old phone named AWESOME MAN, it would come up as

MAN, AWESOME
    XXX-XXX-XXXX

I'm just curious as to how a phone with more features doesn't have this.

14. clockwork58

clockwork58 Well-Known Member

That is correct.
    I guess some people are confused because maybe their mobile operator doesn't offer Name display in addition to call display.

But regardless like I stated before. On my other devices, even names that weren't in my phone book, the name and number of the caller showed up on my screen.

15. hogsaway

hogsaway Active Member

It's not available in the UK at all, which is probably why we thought SONE9 was raving.......

16. SONE9

Sorry I probably should have mentioned I'm in Canada and am using a Rogers phone.