• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

incoming email address

diordnahero

Lurker
Feb 1, 2010
How do you go about changing the incoming email address in email settings?

I use doemail.org to filter my email. This setup works by forwarding all email from your main email address to the doemail account that filters email and routes it to another account. This works nicely, though setting up the phone's email account it wants to keep my filtered email account address as my return address. The box for incoming email address is changeable ( I need to change it to the address of the pre-filtered account ). The incoming email address reverts back to the name of the account after saving.

email 1@gmail.com = Address I want to give out and use as return address. (setup to forward all email to doemail.org account)

email 2@gmail.com = Account receiving all filtered emails from doemail server. (Account phone is setup to poll for email) The phone keeps this email as the return address resulting in unfiltered email.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones