Incoming messages sound

Last Updated:

1. liquidanomaly

liquidanomaly Member This Topic's Starter

Besides an app, is there a way to change the sounds for incoming messages? i mean to something i made. Or a way to silence it at all? i thought i was in the right menu for changing it, but i didn't see anything about silencing it.

I downloaded ringolite.. and it said to silence the normal one first, and i couldn't find where to silence it. just to change it to another stock sound.

Advertisement
  2. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

download ringdroid form the market it gives u the list of songs and such on ur phone and allows you to make any part of a song u want a ring tone u can make it a notifcation ringtone and when u go to ur message app go to settings go all the way down the bottom and ull see notification sound click it and pick which one u want to use

3. liquidanomaly

liquidanomaly Member This Topic's Starter

does that override the original sound?

4. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

You change the sound for each type of notification in it's respective app, so sms notifications get set in the sms app's settings.

If you want your own sounds, you need a 'ringtones' folder and a 'notifications' folder on the sd card to put your sounds in. If you want silent then that's one of the presets already there.

5. Eaglesfan9106

Eaglesfan9106 Well-Known Member

Yes it does override it