incoming mms resized

Last Updated:

1. milkymilk

milkymilk Member This Topic's Starter

For some reason, all of my incoming picture messages are being resized to 3kb. It never used to do this; it started when I installed Handcent. But even after uninstalling Handcent, I still receive tiny pictures. It's driving me insane. Anyone know anything about this?

Advertisement
  2. yatimameiji

yatimameiji Well-Known Member

I always though picture messages were resized automatically for sending? Or are you not tapping on the message to open it up? The image will show up as a thumbnail in the messaging app until you tap to open/play the message.

3. milkymilk

They may be resized on someone's end, but they never used to decrease to 3kb. I have some of the pictures saved on my phone from before this started happening and they are all 50-500kb. And I am tapping on the thumbnail. No matter whether I just view them or actually save them, they are extremely tiny.

4. milkymilk

Welp, I gave in and did a factory reset, and now everything is working fine and dandy.

5. cubinthecity

cubinthecity Active Member

Im still having issues with mine and customer care has no idea what is causing the problem. Im on unit number 3 and am about to say screw it all!

6. milkymilk

Do you mean issues with the resizing?

7. cubinthecity

Yeah the itty bitty images. Ive done factory resets on both and still are having the same issues.

8. milkymilk

Yeah I realized after about a day or so that the factory reset hadn't actually fixed it. When I called t-mobile they said they'd never heard anyone else complain about it and now they're just sending me a new phone. But I guess that won't fix anything. The lady I talked to did mention that it could be something over the network but when I tried switching my sim card in another t-mobile phone it seemed to just be isolated to the behold.

9. cubinthecity

Oh Im even on the phone with Android Support and tmobile and they have Samsung on a 3 way call with me caliming that there are no known issues. I told them they need to refer this thread lol. This is rediculous!

10. milkymilk

fantastic. despite all of my hopes, my new phone still resizes mms too. ughhhh why?! have you had any better luck?