incoming ring tone notificationSupport

Last Updated:

1. jonboy

jonboy Member This Topic's Starter

I was wondering if some one can help me. I can not change my notification ring tone. Have gone into sound and display menu, gone into notification sound, chosen ring tone i want, and still it plays a tone that is not even in the notification sound drop down list!

Hope you can help

jonboy

Advertisement
  2. zaffy

zaffy Active Member

THIS IS IN THE STICKY AT THE TOP OF THE FORUM PAGE

To add new ringtones or SMS alerts, connect your Hero to USB and mount the device on your PC. Browser to the following folders:

Ringtones: /sdcard/media/audio/ringtones
    SMS Alerts: /sdcard/media/audio/notifications
    Alarm Alerts: /sdcard/media/audio/alarms

Copy your mp3 files into either of the folders above. Then go to:

Ringtone:Settings > sound and display > phone ringtone
    SMS: Settings > sound and display > notification sound
    Alarms: Set the sound when adding a new alarm.

Then select the ringtone you put in the above folder(s).

3. Xyro

Xyro 4 8 15 16 23 42 Moderator

Jonboy, if I understand correctly I think you're mixing up notifications and ringtones; in android notification referes to everything else other than the ringtone. So you need to change Settings > sound and display > phone ringtone, like zaffy said.

4. Windy

Windy Member

This works fine for the default ringtone.

However I have not been able to get it working with individual ringtones, e.g. one for wife, son etc..

I am running Modaco 3.1 and never been able to get it to work with this are previous versions. Worked OK on Orange ROM.

5. jonboy

jonboy Member This Topic's Starter

Thank you. Think i nead a break from my phone. Im a bit confused with it just now

6. Soapy123

Soapy123 Member

Hi:

I have just done all the steps that were suggested below. They do not work. Possibly because I am using a droid samsung vibrant and not a Hero.

When I go to select either a ringtone, notification tone, or alarm tone, only the STOCK tones on the phone are visible, not the new ones that I added on the sd card.

I believe that this is what someone else was referring to, also.

If someone can help with this it would be appreciated. I am going nuts trying to use MY sounds, rather than the stock sounds that came with the phone.

thanks!
    :confused:

7. natnat

natnat Well-Known Member

Another way is to go to the tune that you want then press menu and it should give you the option to set as ringtone.

To set ringtones for individuals go to people-select the person you want- there is an option to select ringtone- then the option to pick HTC tones or select music (this is your music) easy peasy :D

By the way I highly recomend the ringdroid app. You can select a track in your music and cut it ie: select a certain clip of the tune then it gives you the option to set it as a notification or ringtone it's great. I have cut a clip of insomnia by faithless for my messages. [​IMG]