Incoming text messages offset by 4 hours?

Last Updated:

1. omber

omber New Member This Topic's Starter

Hi all

I got my Liquid E on Monday and I am pretty happy with it (moving from iphone 3g).

I have a very annoying problem with my incoming text messages being offset by 4 hours. Specifically if the time is 6pm then the incoming texts will be marked as 2pm, throwing off the message order. What is really weird is that this is dependent on the timezone only! If I set my phone to GMT then the messages will be marked as 4 hours prior to whatever the time it is currently in GMT time zone REGARDLESS of what my local phone time is set to.

So if it's noon in GMT, and my phone is set to say 9pm then the messages will still appear as coming in at 8am.

I gave up after this but I set the phone back to automatic time and then installed Handcent SMS. In Handcent both incoming and outgoing messages are 2 hours prior to current time.

This is really bizarre - is my phone busted and I should get a new one?

Advertisement
  2. dennerjw

dennerjw New Member

Had the exact same problem. Turned off automatic time and set the time zone to +1, then set the time independently of it to be right. Worked for me!

dierna likes this.
  3. Ishnu

Ishnu New Member

I used SMS Time Fix
    It's in the Android Market. There are two time fix apps. This one seems to work the best for me. I don't completly understand why the time is off, but it has something to do with Rogers and the Android OS.

4. stb71

stb71 Member

Yea, mine is on Rogers and does the same time thing with text messages. I'm going to try the time fix app and see what happens.

5. stb71

stb71 Member

Just tried the app and it works perfectly. Texts now come in at the right time.

6. dierna

dierna Well-Known Member

I had this problem too. Just tried this - will report back to let you know how it worked for me. I'd rather not have to download an app for such a minor issue.

7. vanisleguy1976

vanisleguy1976 Member

It's a software issue, and Rogers says they are working on a patch. SMS timefix worked for me too! But now I've rooted my phone and installed the Liquid Community ROM, and SMS timefix is no longer needed.

8. dierna

dierna Well-Known Member

Didn't work. I'll have to download the app.