Incomplete web page loading with 4GSupport

Last Updated:

1. seymore

seymore Member This Topic's Starter

Has anyone else experienced this issue/problem? When on 4G network, the majority of web pages do not load completely; they stick somewhere between 50-80% loaded and never complete. Stopping and refreshing sometimes gets the page to load, or switching to 3G.

This happens regardless of browser (I've used stock, Dolphin, Dolphin HD, and Firefox), and both unrooted and rooted (Myn's 2.2, 2.3).

When I've run speedtest, I get downloads of 9+ MB/s but it doesn't make a difference if most pages don't load.

Thanks!

Advertisement
  2. mdizzle99

mdizzle99 Well-Known Member

I have experience this problem and have not found a solution. Others have reported similar results. Most people end up saying it is a "network" problem....but I am not really sure what they mean by that. Sorry.

Little more info: I have changed wimax a few times, changed specific wimax settings, as well as other things like chanigng ROMs etc. without any breakthroughs.

3. goodboy

goodboy Well-Known Member

Have you tried clearing the cache for the browsers?

4. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

somethings hogging system resources because every time I turn my phone off and back on it seems to work with no problem but after about an hour it slows down again .

5. seymore

Downloaded and am testing Opera mobile. Seems like pages are loading w/o issues over 4g anyone else want to try and confirm?

Anyone (mdizzle) have links to the other threads where this is discussed? I can't find them (searching evo 4g connection problem and the like really doesn't get you anywhere).

Thanks for the replies!

6. DarkManX4lf

DarkManX4lf Well-Known Member

I have the exact same issue. Most pages that are not mobile friendly web pages do not load properly. I have to stop and reload the page a few times to get it to actually display something.

For some reason opera mobile seems to work with any web page...the only problem is it doesn't support flash...

Has anyone found a fix to this...other than using opera mobile?

7. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

Ugh, I'm having the SAME problem. it Is very annoying. Someone help.

8. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

Found the fix from xda... it's because of the app adfree. Revert to your original hosts file and uninstall or change redirect ip from 127.0.0.1 to use BTC IP

DaDoc04, seymore and mdizzle99 like this.
  9. hortstu

hortstu Well-Known Member

I'm having the same problem but even when I'm usb tethering. My wife's having the same problem but shes stock not rooted. I'm rooted with fresh. That's why I assume it is a network problem here.

10. Rigmaster

Rigmaster Well-Known Member

Thought this was my phone's issue. Found that the data server path was blocking the exchange. Bottomline it's a network issue and not the Evo.

11. seymore

Freeza, I'll be thrilled if this works. Can you tell me roughly how to revert and/or change redirect?

Thanks!

12. ghostone

ghostone New Member

All you have to do to get your original host file is revert back to the original by clicking on the revert button on your adfree app. Then uninstall the app if you dont want it. That easy.

taken from xda.

I just tried it, seems to be working now.

DaDoc04 and seymore like this.
  13. seymore

Ah. Remarkably obvious. Thanks for spoonfeeding me.

It works!

14. DaDoc04

DaDoc04 Active Member

thanks. I too was having the issue. strange how it works fine for 3G but doesnt for 4G

15. robmil29

robmil29 New Member

Removing adfree did the trick for me! Be sure to restart your phone after reverting host. I knew it wasn't a network issue because when I connected my pc to the android tether at 4g it was blazing fast. Thank you!

16. Tempusfugit

Tempusfugit Well-Known Member

Which is weird because adfree functions through USB tethering(I can't click google ads if I'm tethering)