inconsistent data connectionSupport

1. dkang88

dkang88 New Member

My thunderbolt has problems having a constant data connection. This usually occurs when I connect to wifi, then when I turn off wifi, 4g logo comes on then after maybe 5 seconds...no data connection. It's not 4g then to 3g-->1x but from 4g to no data. Then comes back on sporatically and turns off. Anyone experiencing the same issues?

Is it my phone or software problem? When i go on facebook or google play it works fine for like 8 seconds then "connection error." Then after a few seconds back to normal. This is pretty frustrating...I live in watsonville, CA btw which has strong 4g reception.

PLEASE SHED SOME LIGHT!

Advertisement
  2. jmoose4bama

jmoose4bama Active Member

I experience the same issue, never had them before the latest update.
  3. ggguy23

ggguy23 Member

Well I have been in the same boat for a few weeks now, 4g really inconsistent! After speaking to Verizon for a week, they could not figure out whats going on. They finally told me they would send me a replacement yesterday. I use my phone for business and need internet on my phone so I decide to try different things to solve this problem. I finally decided to take out the SD card and try it out. IT WORKS. I tested it last night it worked great, once I put the SD card back in, no 4g??? Today, with SD card, no 4g with no SD card 4g has been working great. I have not tried using a different SD card but I thought I would share!

Try it and let me know, no sd card and 4g should be consistent!
  4. bpyazel

bpyazel Member

I just got fed up waiting and waiting for this to fix itself. I have had 4g dropping nonstop almost all day long with full bars for the past month. Before that, everything was working great. I don't know what Verizon did, but it does not play nice with many Thunderbolts out there.

So I started messing around with the modem settings by using ##778# to see if anything would help with the problem. I figured it was a longshot, but it paid off. Since doing that, I have not had a single drop for two days now. The only two settings I changed were preferred settings and preferred settings(9k) both to automatic. Now 4g works like it used to.

However, this did cause my bars to no longer work correctly (phone always shows no bars now) and the time is always way off. I fixed the time by turning off automatic settings and manually entered my region. I have no idea why this fixed my 4g data problems, but i will take non functioning bars over no data at all.

Anyway, thought i would post this for anyone else plagued with 4g dropping over and over with their Thunderbolt.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk 2