Inconsistent wifi

Last Updated:

1. djnush_05

djnush_05 New Member This Topic's Starter

Hey,

I recently bought a HTC Legend off ebay since it's not available in Australia but I'm having trouble with the wifi on my home network. It works on occasion but fails most of the time. Sometimes it won't connect at all and just says "unsuccessful" whereas other times it might tell me it's trying to obtain an ip address and then not work.

I've got two computers connected to my wifi as well so it's not my actual connection. Is there such thing as devices competing for wifi? because the few times it's worked was when I was changing my computer's wifi but it sometimes doesn't work even with my computer off!

Any suggestions o wise forum posters?

Advertisement
  2. Ferox

Ferox Well-Known Member

Same here WiFi is flaky I haven't pinned it down but seeing as my previous phone a HTC Hero worked flawless with the WiFi on current settings and dare I say the wife iPhone also connects without any problem my fingers well and truly pointed at the Legend itself let's hope it can be sorted out and it is not hardware related! I should add that on the occasions it does connect it works very well!

3. c_man

c_man Well-Known Member

When you guys have trouble with WiFi , do you also have problem with 3G?

Or is it just WiFi only?

4. djnush_05

djnush_05 New Member This Topic's Starter

c_man my 3g is fine it's just the wifi.

ferox you might want to try wefi because even though it doesn't always work i've found that it automatically tries to connect for me which saves me the frustration of having to click connect only for it not to work. still far from a decent solution though i'm afraid