Incorrect Application Info Associations!General

Last Updated:

1. UnexplainedBacon

UnexplainedBacon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Hey all,

I first noticed a problem when trying to launch the Weather app on my 2.1 equipped Droid Eris. Had it for about a week now. The app crashes every time. Things I have tried:

- hard reset of the phone
    - remove battery
    - reset Sense to defaults
    - cleared application data/cache from weather apps

I was going to try this last one again when I noticed something very very weird. When I got to Manage Applications, and click on "Weather" it actually takes me to the application info for Quickoffice! It now seems like all the weather apps (and some others) are messed up. If I click on "HTC Weather Wallpaper" it takes me to application info for Visual Voicemail. " HTC Weather sync provider" gives me app info for Clock Widget. If I click on Clock Widget, I get info for Mabilo Wallpapers (app from store). What the heck is goin on here....

Any suggestions on what to try? I have searched Google and the various forums extensively and cant find any instances of other people having this issue.

Thank you!

** Edit ** Whaddya know? Soon as I posted this, the Weather App now shows the correct application information. BUT I cant click on anything and it shows 0.00kb. It still crashes on loading too. Also, the other apps are still messed up! Completely random associations between the apps on the list and application information.

Advertisement
  2. UnexplainedBacon

UnexplainedBacon Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Fixed! Found the thread about hard restarts, and not only did it clear up the application issues, it has made the phone dialer so much better! Previously it was almost impossible to use it was so laggy.

3. xx_bishop_xx

xx_bishop_xx Well-Known Member

When I was reading this the first thing I was thinking was "hard reset", but judging by your original post, I thought that was something you had performed already. Nice to hear the update.