Incorrect date/time on text messages

Last Updated:

1. 0837s

0837s Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

For the past couple of weeks, I have been having problems with text messages on the Evo. For example, last night, I was sending texts to a friend, who replied back. His message said that it arrived on July 21, 2010 at 955pm. Clearly its not July 21, 2010, and when I sent/received the message, it was 630pm CST. I'm confused what is going on.

Went to Sprint to have them look at it, they figured out the phone came from Best buy and wanted nothing to do with it, So, I'm here looking for answers.

Thanks for any help!

Advertisement
  2. WaSTeLaNd

WaSTeLaNd Well-Known Member

Mine only does this when I'm in-between a roaming and non roaming area, see if theres a little triangle above your bars... and go mess aroud with your roaming settings

*edit* also just looked up that the cell towers may be programmed wrong? I dunno about that one but you never know. Like I said it only happens to me when I go to Wharton tx, and that's a roaming area when i return to rosenberg it works, hope this helps buddy!!!

3. ScorpDX

ScorpDX Well-Known Member

That's a known issue with Sprint's network. I have it happen on every phone with there service since the beginning of texting...

Using Handcent SMS seems to help some, but again. It's a network problem.