incorrect time on PhoneSupport

Last Updated:

1. ben1802

ben1802 Member

Hi Guys

Just received my new phone a few days ago and for some reason my phones clock does not work properly. I've set the write time both manually and though the auto date and time and yet for example, Friday morning my alarm was set for 7am and it went off at 4am as my clock had somehow during the night gained 3hrs. Yet when I restart my phone the correct time is displayed yet shortly after I do that my clock gains a few minutes during the course of an hour even. Any suggestions?

2. Szadzik

Szadzik Well-Known Member

Check your time zone settings.
  3. ben1802

ben1802 Member

I have checked that too. I really have no idea what else to try I have even restored my phone to factory settings and still no luck.
  4. lotus49

lotus49 Well-Known Member

In that case use ClockSync. It's a free ntp client and should keep your phone telling the correct time to within a few ms. I used it for two years on my SGSII because my network provider at the time (O2 in UK) couldn't keep accurate time. My new network (3 in UK) is fine so I don't need to use ClockSync but it does work well.
    ben1802 likes this.
  5. ben1802

ben1802 Member

thanks for the help just got ClockSync and it seems to be doing the trick at the moment im with 3 also so surprised I was having problems with my clock.
  6. shari2561

shari2561 Member

... Mine is off by only 1 hour, however it is still wrong and annoying. I've woken in the middle of the night worried about my alarm. This is a new problem. I've had this phone since February. Galaxy s4
  7. shari2561

shari2561 Member

I'm going to try clocksync