• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help incorrect time on Phone

ben1802

Apr 6, 2013
Hi Guys

Just received my new phone a few days ago and for some reason my phones clock does not work properly. I've set the write time both manually and though the auto date and time and yet for example, Friday morning my alarm was set for 7am and it went off at 4am as my clock had somehow during the night gained 3hrs. Yet when I restart my phone the correct time is displayed yet shortly after I do that my clock gains a few minutes during the course of an hour even. Any suggestions?

In that case use ClockSync. It's a free ntp client and should keep your phone telling the correct time to within a few ms. I used it for two years on my SGSII because my network provider at the time (O2 in UK) couldn't keep accurate time. My new network (3 in UK) is fine so I don't need to use ClockSync but it does work well.

Reactions: ben1802
Upvote 0
Hi Guys

Just received my new phone a few days ago and for some reason my phones clock does not work properly. I've set the write time both manually and though the auto date and time and yet for example, Friday morning my alarm was set for 7am and it went off at 4am as my clock had somehow during the night gained 3hrs. Yet when I restart my phone the correct time is displayed yet shortly after I do that my clock gains a few minutes during the course of an hour even. Any suggestions?

... Mine is off by only 1 hour, however it is still wrong and annoying. I've woken in the middle of the night worried about my alarm. This is a new problem. I've had this phone since February. Galaxy s4

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones