Increase Cellphone Signal?Support

1. adrianvfx

adrianvfx Active Member

Hey guys,
    I bought my girlfriend a Huawei Ascend 2 weeks ago, and she cannot get any signal in my apartment. Does anyone know of a way to increase the cell phone signal for her? Unfortunately she is on MetroPCS, so the signal isn't too great to begin with, but it would be nice if she could actually make and receive phone calls!

Advertisement
    :
  2. Treydude

Treydude Well-Known Member

If you google it you will see that you can buy signal boosters you put in your home, but I think its pretty iffy myself.
  3. adrianvfx

adrianvfx Active Member

right. I was wondering if anyone knew of one that possibly worked? or a workaround via wifi? anything?
  4. RJFait

RJFait Well-Known Member

If you google the reviews of these, they can actually make your reception worse. If they did work so well to improve a cell phones signal, I would think wireless providers would include them in every phone since each company is trying to boast the best signal and they can be purchase on ebay for almost nothing.
  5. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Well-Known Member

Those TV commercial sticker boosters are the scams, to be specific. I read a very interesting article which did a good test to prove that they don't work.

Now a signal repeater is a different animal, and it *could* help your situation, but that depends on whether you can position it in a spot to receive the most of whatever signal is available, and remember that a weak signal is not going to be made better by a repeater. It will amplify that signal, but it will be amplifying a weak signal, coupled with amplifying any interference and distortion due to distance or obstruction as well.

Another option would be using something like Google Voice in combination with other apps to enable calls via WiFi, but that's a complicated process and probably more than most people are willing to undertake.
  6. starr1048

starr1048 Well-Known Member

Try Ebay , im getting 1 bar before , and got the Antenna on Ebay
    about 20 buck
    its work great , now im getting about 3 bars
    the sticker SUCK , in the pass i try sticking 1 - 4 on my phone
    Nothing change LOL

> BlastGT1 ur the Answer Person on the Board huh LOL
    ur everywhere LOL
  7. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

The blast knows all! :D
  8. Treydude

Treydude Well-Known Member

Yes, the sticker boosters you put on the battery are fake..But they do sell these things that look like wireless routers that are for your home, that are supposed to boost signal..If you read reviews on them its pretty 50/50.
  9. BlastGT1

BlastGT1 Well-Known Member

I just answer what I can, link to what's useful, and try to help people. I'm no expert on this stuff by any means, but I read a hell of a lot and share what I learn. That's what it's all about! :)
  10. miCc_at_nite

miCc_at_nite Member

When i worked for verizon, i found that if your cell phone doesnt work it places your often in, try this...

hit *228
    call...

it will re program your fone to the closest cell phone towers to you...

it doesnt always work but def, worth a try :D
  11. Tokenpoke

Tokenpoke Well-Known Member

Same here.

Btw can I boost a near by wifi signal, posibly with my phone?
    *crosses fingers*
    KOLIO likes this.
  12. MrCurious

MrCurious New Member

Those who say that cell signal boosters aren't effective, just don't know how to use it or the reason might be in untrusted manufacturer. I personally ordered AnyTone 400 (from myamplifiers.com - just for case you need it) and EVERYTHING is all right. So, please, don't blame all boosters if you happened to have bad experience.
  13. PlayfulGod

PlayfulGod Well-Known Member Developer

real boosters arent cheap, stick on ant suck lol

*288 huh?? .....trys it.......
  14. PlayfulGod

ummm no workie lol
  15. -Lulu

-Lulu Well-Known Member

i believe for metro its *225
  16. PlayfulGod

dont work either lol
  17. Gmash

Gmash Well-Known Member

What kind of antenna are you talking about?
  18. delsolro

delsolro New Member

anyone has any better way of being able to reprogram your phone to the closest antenna? online it says by removing your battery it should connect you to the closest one once its back up and running.
  19. KOLIO

KOLIO NOTEoriously XPOSED Guide

Dial *228.On CRICKET,just allow the reprogramming to finish.On METRO PCS,follow the instructions given.