increase performance recommendations, skyraider 3.3.4

Last Updated:

1. 20twins10

20twins10 Member This Topic's Starter

so im in the process of fine tuning skyraider to my liking.. i flashed the 3.3.4 update and the UncommonPackSkyRaider.zip to give my rosie a different look.. everything else still remains intact.. i'll be ripping out as much as i dont need.. i just hate seeing the excess i dont use..

are there any apps or services that are known to hog the cpu??

are their any kernels that can give better performance then the stock kernel? i'm up for the idea of swapping and even getting setcpu *not looking to overclock* installed to save on some battery life *if possible*

much thanks for any info..

Advertisement
  2. appleaj

appleaj Well-Known Member

Dumb question. The post (xda-developers - View Single Post - [ROM] SkyRaider Sense 3.3.4 Final [UPDATED: 11/16/10]) says
    "This is just a flash over. Do not wipe. Do a sync all after the update. Wait a couple minutes before using the Market."

Does this mean that I need to put Skyraider 3.3.3 on my phone first, then install the new 3.3.4 zip file through recovery mode afterwards? Or, can I simply install the 3.3.4 zip?

I'm assuming I need 3.3.3 first, then recovery mode -> install zip from sd (the 3.3.4 zip file), but I just want to clarify (I don't currently have SkyRaider, but I want to switch).

Also, I'm not sure what it means by "Do a sync all after the update."

Thanks

3. 20twins10

20twins10 Member This Topic's Starter

you need to have 3.3.3 on first then flash the 3.3.4 zip.. i dont think 3.3.4 was even released as a full rom.. the flash itself just fixes the ota nag.. which you can also do without the flashing..

if you are on stock rom, switching to a rom like skyraider or redemptive will drastically increase your battery life..

appleaj likes this.