• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help increase volume "loudness" audio output?

I have had my ascend since december, not sure why they went with a 2.5 stereo jack instead of the industry standard 3.5.. Anyway, I got an adapter for 2.5 -> 3.5 and the sound is just LOW, compared to my ipod... I dont want to have to carry my ipod and the phone, is there a way to increase the output volume? the speaker it self is very loud, but when you connect it to your car, or headphones its low... maybe an app that im not aware of can boost the base volume??

I have had my ascend since december, not sure why they went with a 2.5 stereo jack instead of the industry standard 3.5.. Anyway, I got an adapter for 2.5 -> 3.5 and the sound is just LOW, compared to my ipod... I dont want to have to carry my ipod and the phone, is there a way to increase the output volume? the speaker it self is very loud, but when you connect it to your car, or headphones its low... maybe an app that im not aware of can boost the base volume??
There is an app in the market called "volume boost" that claims to boost volume by 30%. It costs $2. I haven't tried it, so if it doesn't work, don't blame me.

Reactions: riverlynx
Upvote 0
There is an app in the market called "volume boost" that claims to boost volume by 30%. It costs $2. I haven't tried it, so if it doesn't work, don't blame me.

I did try that, DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. All it does is jam up the equilizer. My problem is similar but a little different.

I got one of those things to broadcast from the phone to the Radio in the car, Well My 2.5/3.5 was having trouble only spitting out audio on one side, the Radio Shack Guy was knowledgeable about my phonse (Ascend), and had to give me an adapter/splitter, 1x 2.5 to 2x 3.5's I don't like that to start, because splitting reduces your dB(Decible)level to begin with.

But I plugged in all in found a clear station, and ran it....Well, I "Could" hear it on the radio. Volume up all the was IN the CAR AND ON THE DEVICE. The Car Amp dosn't seem to do anything to boost.

So I got PowerAmp, which really does crank it up thru the speaker, but plan on testing in the car today, will report results. One thing, there are a TON of settings and I can see how you might have to mess with it a bit, but I have no doubt it will help, not sure how much.

It does have a button, phone speaker Loud, you hit that and I had to turn it down it was so so loud, so it that happens through the output, good shape.

I've been talking to a very well informed friend, and doing alot of research myself, and so far this is my last ditch effort. (It says 14 day trial, I think after that it asks you to pay on every open?, but if it really works I have no problem buying, I just need a little time to make sure)

What is it now like 15 minutes. Not enough, buy the time I would set up and try to get it working, you need a day to really see if you want to keep.

OH well....any other ideas are really welcome. BUT as far as that volume boost. I put the widget on desktop, played, turned it on/off, and noticed no change in actual volume, I could tell it was messing w/ the equilizer, that's all.

GOOD LUCK...

Spyder / Jeff

Reactions: Gmash
Upvote 0
thanks jeff, i kind of avoided the forum yesterday (really no my day, didn't want to be rude to someone)

in power amp if you tap the eq window, next to the eq button and such at the bottom, you can build your own eq.
if you have no prior sound experience this may take a bit but i have a setup that gets the phone seriously 3x louder with minimal possible distortion, i'll see if i can screen cap it later. just don't forget to save your eq setting for future use.

Reactions: spyder
Upvote 0
thanks jeff, i kind of avoided the forum yesterday (really no my day, didn't want to be rude to someone)

in power amp if you tap the eq window, next to the eq button and such at the bottom, you can build your own eq.
if you have no prior sound experience this may take a bit but i have a setup that gets the phone seriously 3x louder with minimal possible distortion, i'll see if i can screen cap it later. just don't forget to save your eq setting for future use.

Yea, thanks on that on while I still have it powered on. I ran it with my weak sound experience, but was able to still get a good sounding output, thru that FM broadcaster thing in the car, and actually, with the Windows up, didn't even need to have the car volume up all the way!,

Cracked window (which I do ALL the time, while I smoke...I know shitty habit, what can I say..LOL....but I alway have the window cracked, so it makes alot on noise in the car. But I cranked it up and it was pretty good.

And that was only with my weak experience and 5 min of playing going to McD's and back. If I take some time with it, I'm sure your right.

BOTTOM-LINE: THANKS HUGE FOR THE TIP on this on, Exactly what this phone needed....EXACTLY!

PS: As far as that post for Gmash, I just told him my experience but, oh @@## I thought that was the one where I credited you, this one I just said really well informed friend. My other one I gave you a shout out, KUDOS TO TOKENPOKE for proving that. I had answered someone about a codeloop problem like I had.

Actually, another Newbie, so I didn't have enough info to say for sure, but the results were the same, ended up telling him to yank the card try to boot, etc......seems like that works for alot of people.

One more thing off topic (Sorry to the OP): More "Proof" of different "unofficial" hardware versions of this phone. I had that thread about not being able to send/recieve MMS with Wi-Fi on. Got a response from someone, saying on I just double checked, I can send and receive no problem with Wi-FI on...LOL

Crazy they would things that drastic release under the same name and #'s (I know that isn't huge drastic since we know about it, but if your trouble shooting somebody and yours does it, you would assume they had a bad setting or something..lol.....Chinese phone...gotta love it....)

Anyway...Take care...ttyl: Jeff

Upvote 0
Something I have found with any device, if you have the USB on the front of your stereo, you can run audio through that way, with little issue. I have found using any kind of FM transmitter will kill any audio experience you want... It is better to just use an AUX jack, or the USB, if applicable. It's like running wireless internet... You know it runs better on a wire, than through the air, but sometimes, it is just simpler to do it the way you think best... HARDWIRE EVERYTHING! lol

Upvote 0
The only thing that has helped me is the Power Amp app from the market. You have to play with the settings but it did help...some! LOL

Another thing, in the Huawei Manual they say that the sound will be better if you use the headset that came with the phone. ;)

Ya but i lost my headphones.. well i knw wat happnd to em but thats a whole diff story.. but ne ways cricket stores here want like $30 for them... for tht id rather get sum really gud ones... but the thing iv found with my phn is tht if im using the 2.5/3.5 adapter i only get sound in one earbud.. has ne one had tht issue too??

Upvote 0
Ya but i lost my headphones.. well i knw wat happnd to em but thats a whole diff story.. but ne ways cricket stores here want like $30 for them... for tht id rather get sum really gud ones... but the thing iv found with my phn is tht if im using the 2.5/3.5 adapter i only get sound in one earbud.. has ne one had tht issue too??

when i use my dj headphones that happen, butwith regular ear buds no...

Upvote 0
Could be the wrong adapter. I went through a few of them before I found one that worked. Amazon has quite a bit of stuff for the ascend including the correct adapter...:cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones