• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Increased life for Desire battery - Really works.

Status
Not open for further replies.
When is everytone trying this, from "empty"? (4% or so, when the phone powers itself off)
I'm trying now. I was about 60% charge when I started the eight hours. Wasn't sure whether I should run down to zero or not before starting. I guess I can always do that if needs be next time. I don't think that the article said or even suggested that you had to discharge before starting but I did not read it that well.

Upvote 0
What happened to all the other posts from this thread?

Anyway, on my 1st one hour charge now! Its interesting though that after turning the phone off from it saying fully charged, when I plug it in while turned off, the led is orange and not green anymore meaning its not actually fully charged?!

Upvote 0
I charged it overnight for 8 hours (it was about 50% before i started) then followed the steps this morning and it was done at 12pm . An hour and 20 mins later and according to the spare parts application it is currently at 99% , I recieved a 3 minute call during that time and used spareparts to check the battery % so this is looking like a vast improvement so far .
I used to charge it fully overnight unplug it about 0730am and by 1900-2000 it would normally be almost completely dead . And that would be just using the net for about 30mins whilst on my break and making no phone calls or receiving any .

Upvote 0
what network you on?

wonder if stuff networks like mine, orange, put on affect this?

Mines an unbranded phone on Virgin UK. I can usually get 40 hours with moderate use anyway so was not surprised that nothing happend.

When I got the phone I gave it a full 3 hours before turning on and have fully cycled the battery several times, so am guessing its already in good health.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones