Increasing incoming call volume... / Accessing service modeSupport

Last Updated:

1. fauxtronic

fauxtronic Active Member

I have the volume at max but it's still too low for me. Noticeably quieter than the HTC phones I've had before. I've heard you can increase it via the service menu but the codes I have (variations of 197328640 and 197328649) don't work with the Galaxy W.

Has anybody successfully accessed the service mode on this handset? Or is there another trick for tweaking the maximum volume above the factory settings?

2. kevindroid

kevindroid Well-Known Member

there are apps that solves your problem. audio master pro, volume+ to name a couple.i hope this helped you out. cant have you missing calls
  3. fauxtronic

fauxtronic Active Member

I'll check these out, thanks! It's not that I'm missing calls btw. I just can't hear the person speaking very well even though in-call volume is at maximum. This seems to be a common complaint with the Galaxy W, but I wonder if it comes more from people who previous had HTC handsets because the difference is really obvious.
  4. fauxtronic

fauxtronic Active Member

Unfortunately these apps don't seem to adjust earpiece volume (everything but, apparently), so if anyone knows what the service mode code is for the Galaxy W, I'd be grateful. Thanks.
  5. peeleuuh

peeleuuh Member

Same here.. Although sometimes I hear them loud and clear, other times I almost can't hear them.. Volume of ear peace always at max..
  6. giolovin

giolovin New Member

Hope this helps!