• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Increasing internal storage without rooting?

LG Optimus Q

Hey I understand that rooting may be the only way to achieving my desired goal, but I currently have no way to root my phone. I'm tired of always running out of room on my phone, and most of the apps I seem to get don't allow moving to SD card... hence my problem. I'm not the most knowledgeable person when it comes to modifying a phone, but I'm great at following instructions. So if anyone could help me out and give me some advice on the subject that would be great.

Apps that aren't written so they run on the SD card can't be moved, whether you're rooterd or not.

Rooting adds a few files to the phone, so you actually have less room.

There are only about 2 things you can do. One is to use an app like App Back and Restore. Back up all your apps. Uninstall the ones you're not using.install the opnes that didn't fit before. Back them up. Etc. Now if you need space for an app you can uninstall an app you won't be using for a while to make room for the one you want to restore.

The other is to get a phone that has enough storage for all the apps you want to put on the phone.

Upvote 0
Shows how little I know about rooting a phone lol I've been trying to just uninstall any apps I'm not using but I really don't have that many on there that I don't use from day to day.

I'm actually not sure how I managed to use up all the space but I'm sure it was because I spend to much time on my phone :D

I'll have to try those ideas and see if it makes a difference and thank you so much for spending the time to help a noon like me out. :thumbup:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones