Incredible 2 connect to computer issuesSupport

1. jacksonopp

jacksonopp New Member

I just got an Incredible 2. The first few times I connected it to my computer it worked fine, but now it doesn't.

When I connect it via usb my computer (a macbook) recognizes that something was connected and gives the error:

with the options to Ignore or Eject. When I click either option, the Incredible doesn't connect.

Now to the Android side of things. When I connect phone to the computer via usb, it doesn't give any options to charge via usb, mount to pc, etc.

When I go to "Settings > Connect to PC" I get the error

So I try again, and the same thing happens.

What should I do?

Advertisement
    :
  2. bill77056

bill77056 New Member

The Dinc2 is 2 days old.

Connecting to PC with USB first gave VZW message that new software needed. The V-Cast Media Manager was downloaded.

The PC chirps and says new hardware detected. But that is all.

Bill
  3. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Have you tried going to HTC's website and downloading the drivers for the phone?
  4. bill77056

bill77056 New Member

Downloading and installing HTC Sync
    Download HTC Sync from our support website
    (HTC Mobile Phones - Product Support - Smartphones Help) and install it on your computer.
    Visit our support website from time to time to check for the most recent HTC Sync upgrade so you can download and install it.
    Source: Dinc2 Users Guide p118

I did get the Dinc2 to sync with Outlook Express address book. D/L the HTC Sync mentioned above and installed. Set the Connect to PC default setting to HTC Sync.
  5. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

6. BoBiGi

BoBiGi Well-Known Member

Jacksonopp, I sync with a MacBookPro as well. Back in June (the 14th) I submitted two posts (connecting phone with a mac) on my experience with this situation. Hopefully, they will help you too!

I am attempting a trackback, but not even sure how it works...if it doesn't work, search this forum for "Connecting Phone with a Mac" June 14, 2011.
  7. tiggertim1

tiggertim1 New Member

Tried all the above all I get is "usb device not recognized" Using vista completely updated thanks for any help
  8. bberryhill0

bberryhill0 Well-Known Member

Have you tried a different cable or USB port on the computer?
  9. mihneagabriel

mihneagabriel Well-Known Member

This.

Also, are you rooted? Have you disabled any services from running?