.::Incredible 4g Speculation and Rumor Thread::.General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2012-07-10 19:04:16
  1. powdbyrice

powdbyrice Well-Known Member

so this is big red's version of the One S... where is the One X... *waits impatiently*

Advertisement
    xmr405o likes this.
  2. powdbyrice

powdbyrice Well-Known Member

how soon before some site picks that up as some of vzw's marketing?

someone "tip" a site and see what they do. cheap laughs to pass the time. :D
    blackepoxy likes this.
  3. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

Oooohhh, this looks very good to me!!! This is what I'm talking about!!!:D
    All matte black with red accents/black gun metal = Awesome to me!!!:D:D:D

[​IMG]

That sounds fun!!!:p

+10 on the name change of the thread!!!:D
    NightAngel79 likes this.
  4. rc121

rc121 Member

Interesting now that we've seen leaked photos, not a 4.3" screen nor does it look thinner than the INC2...:rolleyes:

Anyways, like many of you I was involved in the OG INC thread and have been waiting tirelessly for something to replace mine since I cracked the screen. I love my INC and am actually kind of happy this phone will be at a lower price point with better processor, 4G, little bigger screen, better 4g battery life, etc.
  5. Skeeter125

Skeeter125 Well-Known Member

Yeah I think this inc4g guy was just blowing smoke. I mean he never really said anything to prove he actually used the phone/saw it he was just repeating what had been leaked for awhile. The OG inc thread was what brought me to this site. That thread was crazy and idk if another will ever come close to the magnitude of that forum and thread.
  6. today

today Well-Known Member

14 days until launch. Can't wait. I remember how disappointed I was with the "leaked"pictures of the back of the og dinc. Wow that's ugly. Then I held it gently for the first time April 28th 2010. SOLD. It was beautiful. It still is. This won't be an easy transition. I'll see if I'm instantly SOLD when I cradle this new 4g3 in my hands for the first time. In two weeks, Rg3 goes number two to the redskins, 4g3 goes number one to me.
  7. Skeeter125

8. NightStalker

NightStalker Well-Known Member

I think this device will be thinner than the inc2. The inc2 is actually listed at .48. The trend is toward thinner phones, so I have to think this phone will be thinner than the inc2. I also tend to agree that the screen is probably 4 inches due to the obscure backs on the incredible phones. A larger screen/phone would give them more real estate to make the device thinner and sleeker. I also think this points to a removable back and replaceable battery. I'm also still holding out hope that the processor will be a 1.5. Based on the snapdragon info wiki if this device truly has an Adreno 225 it has to be a 1.5. I know some of the info for processor is set in the build.prop file, so I am wondering if it is purposely incorrect to mislead the tester. The fact that the only S4 listed at 1.2 is slated for Q3 2012 also makes me think 1.5, or an underclocked 1.5. We are all guessing at this point, so who knows. It is difficult to predict what Verizon is thinking.
  9. Skeeter125

It doesn't have to be 1.5 they can and most likely will underclock to help with battery. Plus the inc2 is 4" so if this is 4" it wouldnt have more real estate.
  10. NightAngel79

NightAngel79 Bounty Hunter Administrator Moderator

WE NEED OFFICIAL SPECS/PICS/RELEASE DATE/SOMETHING!!!!!!!!!!! AAAARARRRRGGGGHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

ok i feel better now, sorry for yelling :eek:
  11. NightStalker

I keep hearing the underclock argument, and I really have a hard time believing it. I don't really pay attention to every phone that is released, but how common is to underclock a processor (I honestly have no clue)? It just makes little sense to me to install a 1.5 only to slow it down, but maybe the S4 is going to change the way manufacturers build these phones. Power has been an issue with these phones forever, yet they keep pumping them out with crappy battery life. I can't believe that all of a sudden they would underclock the CPU just for better battery life. And I hear what you are saying about the real estate. I'm just praying this is not a half inch thick hunk of phone.
  12. fknauss

fknauss Member

There are plenty of huge phones out there. I've been waiting for a decent performance, small screen phone with nfc to come out for about 9 months now. All you big phone freaks have plenty of choices - can the rest of us just get one?.

Two years ago, I was waiting for a good phone to show up, and the Incredible finally filled the bill. I wasn't waiting for it's sequels. I am amused that the first phone that seems to meet my new requirements is in the same lineage. I do hope it lives up to the speculations - I'm just annoyed that they went from new every two last time around to Pay to upgrade this time...
  13. blackepoxy

Anyone think that the mystery device VAE_ whatever scored with the Dinc4g running the 1.5 GHz dual core S4 processor just might be VZW's One X variant??? :p
  14. today

today Well-Known Member

Verobbery. A new word I just made up. My new every two is thirty dollars. They want to charge me thirty dollars to upgrade. That's Verobbery. :p
    blackepoxy likes this.
  15. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

One X or Dink 4G I like the sounds of either one. :cool: ;)
  16. blackepoxy

Maybe it's something along the lines of VZW didn't want it's One S variant (the Dinc4G) to have a greater processor (faster) than their One X variant that will have the huge display and be top-of-the-line...=$$$
    It's possible for VZW to release One X variant after they give it the Frankenstein treatment, Sprint just did it...:p
  17. djg5125

djg5125 New Member

Does anyone know how this phone might run as opposed to the Droid Razr Maxx. My current phone, Droid X, is currently on its last leg and can't hold a charge longer than an hour or so. I'm in desperate need of a phone and was hoping there'd be more information for this phone leaked soon so I can decided between the two. I feel like if this phone is going to have ICS at launch, it'd probably be best for me to wait, but I'm really more interested in how the battery life compares to a phone like the Razr Maxx.
  18. Skeeter125

I think nobody will really know for sure since the one s that is out does not have lte. The s4 which has lte on the chip is supposed to help with battery so hopefully that along with a lighter sense and smaller screen will give it decent battery life.
  19. Skeeter125

Galaxy nexus is underclocked. Underclocking is pretty common, they do it with the iphone all the time. Google it and you will see.
  20. Skeeter125

I think somehow verizon will add droid into it so they can tack on that premium price tag associated with high end droid phones. Just the way verizon works.
  21. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

+1
    Underclocking is nothing new.
    Skeeter125 likes this.
  22. NightStalker

I stand corrected. Apparently it is much more common than I thought. Good info!
    Skeeter125 likes this.
  23. mjdecker

mjdecker Member

24. xmr405o

xmr405o Well-Known Member

I hope it's priced at $199.99 or below which to me would be fair. Anything above would be overpriced, IMO. Without a hd screen and no beats headphones, pricing it at a premium price would be a hard sell.
  25. jamala00

jamala00 Well-Known Member

Exactly, anybody who wants a 4.3" screen has a slew of phones to chose from. What do you mean exactly about the "Pay To Upgrade?" I have been able to upgrade for almost a year now.. So now I will have to Pay to upgrade above and beyond the cost of the phone?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.