Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2012-07-10 19:04:16
  1. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Advertisement
    blackepoxy and today like this.
  2. today

today Well-Known Member

I am starting to get that same "ants in the pants " feeling I had two years ago when I religiously followed the og incredible thread, with all the speculation and sensationalism that made that thread so "incredibly" fascinating. Come on INCREDIBLE4G, hit us with your best shot. We can take it. We already seen the best. Now it's all about entertainment until reality drops.
  3. pockings

pockings Well-Known Member

4. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

Yeah, I saw that earlier...getting closer...
    For a phone with a release date in less than a month, they sure are being tight lipped about it. That makes me think it is something big, for some reason...
    If this would have been any other device we would have probably gotten a full system dump including RUU and the whole nine yards...
    First Android handset, running ICS, most likely, with a S4 SoC based processor optimized to run on VZW's LTE network...blah, blah, blah...*creates hype* They will probably market it like so...and believe you me, VZW will spend a pretty penny on marketing...
    Shhhh... ;)

*Man, I want to see this phone!!!*
  5. bbeelzebub

bbeelzebub Well-Known Member

I've been seeing watching some of the threads on XDA with people getting their brand new One X and One S phones across the globe and I'm now actually really excited about the possibilities this phone may hold.

I was a little meh about it before, but since I really prefer AMOLED screens over SLCD, I think I'll live with the qHD. If this is basically a One S with bettery battery options and an SD card, then I'm sold. That being said though, I'm looking for a battery of atleast 1800-2000 mAh in this puppy. These little 1650 mAh batteries won't cut it. HTC and Verizon both know that people aren't happy about stock battery on their phones as of late, so hopefully they do something about that.

I'm feeling optimistic. I also wouldn't be too surprised to see some changes made on the appearance of the phone since that leak we got.
    blackepoxy likes this.
  6. Confirmed SD card slot under pop-off back cover.
    blackepoxy and bbeelzebub like this.
  7. blackepoxy

Great!

By pop-off back cover do you mean like the whole back cover pops off giving access to the battery or pop-off back cover like the One S that just accesses the top quarter of the phone exposing only the sd card and Sim slot? Except the One S has no sd.

I hope this is NOT what you mean by pop-off back cover.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]
  8. No its not like that at all. The entire back cover comes off just like the Incredible 2.
    blackepoxy likes this.
  9. blackepoxy

Good! Sounds great! :D
  10. Also confirmed Sense 4.0
    Skipdawg and blackepoxy like this.
  11. blackepoxy

Cool.
    I am hoping for this to be my next phone.
    I have an upgrade on coming soon!
    8/1/12
  12. TheAtheistReverend

Man, I hope you are for reals-yo!
    blackepoxy likes this.
  13. blackepoxy

I know this is the internet and all but, I believe him.

Now battery capacity will have to be between like 1650 and 1900mAh, because beyond 1900 batteries start getting thick & this is supposed to be a slim phone.
    Sooooo, the One S has a 1650 inside, unless they got some better battery technology to make beyond 1900 still slim.
  14. bbeelzebub

You crazy! Not until August??? I'm sure there will be another phone on the horizon by then, even one by HTC if you want.

Oh wait... We're talking Big Red. Maybe not. :p

I think I believe him too. If by some miracle, there is a bigger battery inside than 1650ish, or if there are extended batteries available that don't make the phone look like Quasimoto, I think this will be my next phone too. Perhaps with the new Sense 4.0, battery drain won't be as bad. I'm really jonesing for a new phone.
    blackepoxy likes this.
  15. Oh and the symbols on the bottom 4 buttons rotate just like on the Incredible 2.
    blackepoxy likes this.
  16. blackepoxy

4 buttons?
    ICS and sense 4.0 with 4 capacitive buttons?
    You sure it's not 3 like the One S, home, back and multitask?

Like this...[​IMG]

[​IMG]
  17. bbeelzebub

So, does this mean the leaked pics are pretty much what it looks like? I remember the early leaks of the DINC and the DINC2 had different backs on them.... Just wondering. Thanks!

I personally don't mind four buttons instead of three. No biggie. I actually think given the size, I prefer them off screen so I can't really complain.
    blackepoxy likes this.
  18. blackepoxy

Can't afford to pay full retail price!;) Maybe, just maybe, I'll be able to get away with an early upgrade (like 2-3 months) & have this device in my hand 5/1/12!:D:thumbup:

The S4 SoC based processor with integrated LTE will do most of the battery saving, given sense 4.0 is a light build, lighter than 3.6 according to hTC.:)
  19. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

There should only be three "buttons", ICS got rid of the "menu" button... There should only be a "back" , "home" and "previous app" button. All new HTC phones released running ICS only have the three buttons also, why would this have a fourth? What does this mysterious fourth button do?

photos would be nice...

ICS also introduced a native way to take screenshots, so a simple screenshot of the "about phone" would be handy. (press the power and volume down button ;) )
    xmr405o, NightxFall and blackepoxy like this.
  20. TheAtheistReverend

No offence, but...

I still can't believe this guy.
    :rolleyes:
    He claims to "have access to the Incredible 4G", repeatedly says the word "confirmed" but offers no verifiable "confirmation".
    There is no way in heck I would claim to have something like this IN HAND without snapping a photo of it. Do we not have boundless access to cell cameras, digital cameras, web cams, etc?! If you were privileged enough to have a DInc4 IN HAND, dont you think you would also be savvy enough to figure out a way to take a photo? I know three year olds that know how to take pictures.
    Seriously.
    :confused:
    Confirmed, we are foolish for believing this line of *ahem* you-know-what.

By the way,
    I will happily retract these statements and apologize if he posts some independent proof very soon.
  21. bbeelzebub

Fighter or Incredible 4G? Fighter or Incredible 4G? Ugh......

Moto or HTC?
    qHD or rumored HD @720p?
    Possible 1650 mAh or Possible 3300 mAh?
    NotBlur or Sense?

I love choices. :p

I may just have to wait for both to release and see the reviews. I've never even considered Motorola until recently but sometimes change is good. Then again.... I got a Samsung GT and I'm still regretting choosing that over HTC. :mad:
    blackepoxy likes this.
  22. NightxFall

NightxFall Well-Known Member

This is a very good point. If it's running ICS, which it should be(Or I'll be very disappointed), it should have 3 capacitive buttons. I'm pretty sure HTC isn't foolish enough to release a device with a button that doesn't do anything. The three button design is also more aesthetically pleasing too. Incredible4G never confirmed it was running Android 4.0 though, so if he is telling the truth, we may be facing a Gingerbread release. I sincerely hope that is not the case, and that the OP is either: lying, has an outdated version of the device, or made a typo.

Any comments, Incredible4G?
    blackepoxy likes this.
  23. blackepoxy

Yes, we really need some fresh pics of this!!!

The only 3 pics I have ever seen are from Feb.10th of this year and do show 4 keys at the bottom...

Why four though?
    No way would it run sense 4.0 with four keys, not making sense, that don't add up.

[​IMG]
    TheAtheistReverend likes this.
  24. dsgb3k

dsgb3k Well-Known Member

25. blackepoxy

Thanks for that! ;) ^^^
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.