• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.::Incredible 4g Speculation and Rumor Thread::.

Status
Not open for further replies.
4G is worth it if you can get it in your area and if you can get it on a decent phone. Two big ifs. I can get 4G here, but have not found a decent 4G phone. The one's I've seen are all gigantic bricks that you could beat a mugger to death with if you wanted to or they get crappy battery life. Sometimes both.

I was just looking at the LTE coverage maps and ya, my area is covered, but 90% or more of the time I am on my wifi. When I am out and about, I rarely use the internet on my phone unless looking something up. 99% of that 3G works just fine. If I upgrade to this phone it will strictly be because I don't think we will get a better 4" device or smaller option for a long time. Also just because it will be nice to have a phone that will receive updates.

Upvote 0
I know how you feel, waiting for phones to come out, looking at them so much.
You get tired of the phone before it actually comes out, never actually using it, and lose all interest.
I feel you on that one.:p

:dito: I feel like this :motz: with verizon sometimes.

Exactly! I mean common, what the heck... All the specs are out, the cases are even out? What are they waiting for. If this is the kind of service big red is going to continue to have, I mean how can I not start looking at other carriers.

Reactions: Skipdawg
Upvote 0
Yea I've already started looking at the other carriers, plans and phones. Big Red needs to snap to or after 9+ years I'm gone.

Right, the only thing I keep coming back to with Verizon is 90% of my family and in-laws are with Verizon. So the mobile to mobile keeps my minutes and text messages down to nothing. 900 minute\month plan for my wife and I with each of us having 500 text message plan is far more then enough. I'm afraid if I go to another carrier I would have to have twice that since it won't be mobile to mobile anymore... But I'm close, I've been with Verizon for 13+ years now.

Upvote 0
Yea the thing that is holding me up from jumping ship so far is keeping my unlimited plan grandfathered for one more round. Nice to not have to keep track. Kid brother is with AT&T and good friend is with Sprint and they hate having to keep track. Both kind of with they had stayed with big red. Both jumped over last year for phones. So I will hold out. But would like to make a move if I'm going to by the 7th. Will get busy after that.

Upvote 0
Right, the only thing I keep coming back to with Verizon is 90% of my family and in-laws are with Verizon. So the mobile to mobile keeps my minutes and text messages down to nothing. 900 minute\month plan for my wife and I with each of us having 500 text message plan is far more then enough. I'm afraid if I go to another carrier I would have to have twice that since it won't be mobile to mobile anymore... But I'm close, I've been with Verizon for 13+ years now.

The only thing keeping me is grandfathered unlimited data. Once they take that I am gone and most likely to a gsm carrier so I can import whatever phone i want without being at the carriers mercy.

Upvote 0
Just got my new case. My og dinc fits snuggly inside. Barely moves around. Just a scoche big height wise and barely a wiggle side to side. If this 4g3 has the ONE series camera chip and I WILL be dancing out da store with dis phone in dis case launch morning for sho'.

Awesome. I really hope it has that camera chip too. Just curious if you plan on pulling the trigger launch morning regardless of whatever price it comes out at or will that play into decision?

Upvote 0
I'm thinking if it is a fully functional one series clone, I'll pay whatever they charge minus my loyalty discount. I'm going to be prepared to argue that ethically vzw should not be able to promise me a loyalty discount and then steal it back by charging an upgrade fee. Not cool to treat a loyal (18yrs) customer that way. There is a coolness to being amongst the first to possess the latest and greatest that I'm willing to pay extra for though.

Upvote 0
I hear ya. I've been with them about 16/17 years and thought it sucked when they took away the VIP program, but the hits keep coming. Too bad because I've never had a bad customer service, sale or device experience in all those years so I feel like I shouldn't complain. I'm up for my upgrade May 8th so timing couldn't be better and you're absolutely right... It's a great feeling grabbing new tech upon launch!

Upvote 0
Latest edit from Droid life. ("When will it launch in stores? A previous leak of ours showed April 26, but since that day has come and gone, we know that didn’t happen. Our next guess would be for Verizon to announce it next week. CTIA starts on Monday (we’ll be there of course), so with a ton of the tech media all attending, it would be a great spot for Big Red to make it official. Update: We were told that May 17 is the likely date for this phone to launch.") Can't win the waiting game.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones