.::Incredible 4g Speculation and Rumor Thread::.General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2012-07-10 19:04:16
  1. dsgb3k

dsgb3k Well-Known Member

Well that's at least a relief. Now I just twiddle my thumbs for 2 more weeks. Luckily my og Inc is holding up nicely

Advertisement
  2. dcorn

dcorn Well-Known Member

A couple of years ago, I was waiting for the blackberry Bold 9700 to come out. BB would post a release date, then kept knocking it back 2 weeks at a time until it was delayed for months.

During this period, the OG Droid was revealed and Android was getting a loooot of press. I ended up liking what I saw enough to ditch AT&T and Blackberry and got the Droid on VZW.

Eventually, I see people here doing the same thing. This secretive crap up until a week or two before release is stupid. Just give us basic specs about the phone, give us a release date, and stick to it. I bet if they told us that the phone would 100% be released in July, people would wait for it. Since they don't say anything, people get wandering eyes and eventually pick and different device and maybe even a different carrier.
  3. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

OK what dates have we seen now. April 26, May 3, may 10 and now May 17. I'm not waiting for this. The Dink will just have to hold out. Something else I've been wanting so going to go for it. Screw Big Red and their clandestine crap. :mad:
  4. jamala00

jamala00 Well-Known Member

Well I'm not going to ditch big red just yet because of reasons I mentioned above, but my DInc is going to stay with me now. I have moved past even a slight interest in the phone now. I agree 100% with the secretive crap. What good does it do them?
  5. NightStalker

NightStalker Well-Known Member

There is actually a great Southpark where Cartman freezes himself so he does not have to wait for something (Wii maybe?) to come out.
  6. Center

Center Well-Known Member

Hah, I think that's where I had the idea! I think it was the Wii and Cartman ended up hibernating for ages instead..
  7. NightxFall

NightxFall Well-Known Member

Seriously?? Another two weeks? This is just ridiculous. Lets see what ghost88 brings from the supposed Verizon meeting on Sunday.
  8. question729

question729 Well-Known Member

Ok, I understand the Incredible 4G isn't going to have a top of the line screen, but is this qHD business at least equal to or greater than the screen on the original Incredible? My phone is still running without a hitch for the most part, but the 4G and bigger screen would be nice to have. I've been sitting on my upgrade since 12/29, but I'll probably grab this one if the screen is decent enough and the price isn't ridiculous!
  9. StevenZ

StevenZ Well-Known Member

Yes. qHD is 540x960. The original was 480x800.
    If the 4G is .25HD, the original was more like .185HD.
    question729 likes this.
  10. StevenZ

[Amusing myself with math while waiting for Inc4G news...]

So if the 4G has an 8MP camera like the DInc1, then its display will show only 1/16 the resolution of what the camera captured. That's a step up from the original that showed only 1/21 of the captured resolution.
    dsgb3k likes this.
  11. dsgb3k

dsgb3k Well-Known Member

I never thought to ask about the screen compared to the original Inc. If its better than the original count me in, for some odd reason I assumed it would be the same or worse. Stupid me
  12. AlbaChev

AlbaChev Member

LOL, this should help pass the time:

The Inc 4G, traveling 70 miles per hour (mph), leaves Westford heading toward Eastford, 260 miles away. At the same time the Og Inc, traveling 60 mph, leaves Eastford heading toward Westford. When do the two trains meet? How far from each city do they meet?

Oh, boy... just release it already Big Red! At least official specs, date & $. Look what you're doing to us!!!:adore:
  13. binaryhat

binaryhat Member

I can confirm my verizon wireless store will have it on May 10th.
  14. AlbaChev

AlbaChev Member

Are you sure you want to use the exact word "confirm"? :D See below:

NightAngel79 likes this.
  15. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Proof?

Or speculation.

One or the other.
  16. StevenZ

TRICK QUESTION!
    Everybody knows that, while the Og Inc is real, the Inc 4G is imaginary until it's been confirmed. A real phone and an imaginary phone simply can't meet [two hours later, 120 miles from Eastford, 140 miles from Westford].:D
  17. jamala00

jamala00 Well-Known Member

I thought the next person that used the word confirm was banned for life. :D
  18. NightxFall

Come on. Did you really just do that? Can you elaborate on how you know this? Some more info would be nice :)
  19. binaryhat

binaryhat Member

The sales rep stated he would have the phone reserved for me in my name on the 10th.
  20. AlbaChev

AlbaChev Member

ROFL, impressive!
    blackepoxy likes this.
  21. NightxFall

How can they reserve a phone that isn't even in their system yet? lol
  22. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

Oh, how rude of me.

Hello Evan :)
    DodgerinNH and AlbaChev like this.
  23. AlbaChev

AlbaChev Member

Took me a little bit but here it is, or was...

NightAngel79 likes this.
  24. DodgerinNH

DodgerinNH Well-Known Member

25. sully5981

sully5981 Well-Known Member

Maybe HTC was like...... hey verizon, we gave you a modified variant of our flagship "One" series phone. You better keep your mouth shut until our HTC "One" series devices debut and generate some revenue. Until then.... keep your mouth shut. Oh and lets do lunch sometime.

Just a thought.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.