• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.::Incredible 4g Speculation and Rumor Thread::.

Status
Not open for further replies.
HTC One V, Droid Incredible and One X - YouTube

HTC says the Droid Incredible 4G has an SLCD2 panel in this video.
The One V and One X both have SLCD2 as well, and they're all laid out in front of you in this video. To me, it looks like the Incredible actually has the best display out of all of them, the viewing angles just look fantastic. I'm still holding my hopes high that this HTC rep is correct and it is SLCD2. I'm actually surprised, if this video is anything to go by, I actually prefer the Incredible's display over the One X's and the One V's.

As you can see here, the viewing angles look a bit better on the Incredible than they do on the One V.

b05a5214a531b9f25711d0b805abe678.png

Upvote 0
DUDE...that screen looks sick..the best of all 3 no doubt i wont be worrying about the screen at all.
Thank you for posting that pic and video

Now just release the damn phone already. Not sure how much longer i can wait

He said.mid level phone but the way the specs are . And now the screen it looks more like high level to me. Gonna smash the maxx for sure. If the battery life even comesclose it will be the phone to have on verizon this summer

Reactions: today
Upvote 0
I've never posted on this site but I've read it for years. I followed the epic OG DInc thread and I've been reading this one religiously (like many of you) as the bulk of the quality information is either verified or vilified here. I believe this forum to be the most accurate droid information source on the web and it is for this reason I'm laying fingers to keys to voice my frustration.

My OG DInc is slowly dying in front of my eyes. It's sad. I've been waiting for a dual-core HTC for a while and am up on contract - and have been since July of last year. I like HTC's. I could explain why, as I do to all the IPhonies but here I don't have to... as you all know.

So rather than launch into some diatribe about the when's and my friend's brother watched a Verizon sales guy's dog and he said the launch date is... I figured I'd post some conversations I've had on the VZW sites chat option. Keep in mind these are slightly dated but as I was digging through them today I found them amusing and thought some of you guys might feel the same. The first one starts about the Rezound as the New DInc was a pipe dream at that point.

Keep in mind that I initially went into this to find information...

JustinD: Hello. Thank you for visiting our chat service. May I help you with your order today?

You: whats better: the htc rezound or galaxy nexus?

JustinD: It'll all depend on what you want in a device. The Rezound will come with some other accessories that you'll like The Nexus has an inferior camera but it's also a great phone. I like the Rezound much better.

You: you do?

You: what about the width of it

You: too heavy?

JustinD: Neither phone is heavy.

JustinD: As far as design the nexus looks great.

You: why do you like the rezound better?

JustinD: The Rezound does too though.

JustinD: The Dre Beats that come with the phone for free when they are $175 .

You: that's it?

You: nothing about the OS?

You: lagging?

You: spped?

You: battery life?

JustinD: Battery life will be better they both are Android phones. The big plus with the Nexus is the OS. It's the only phone we have now that has the 4.0 system it was actually the 1st Android phone with it.

You: but you prefer the rezound?

JustinD: Yes, it'll upgrade to the 4.0 soon enough.

You: so if it's christmas morning and you run downstairs to open up your presents, and you and your brother both get phones... he gets the Rezound and you get the Nexus... is christmas ruined?

JustinD: Not ruined but I'll try my best to get the him to trade with me.

You: i see

JustinD: Which one are you leaning toward?

You: what is the next HTC phone going to be on VZW

You: ?

You: I've had HTC for my last two phones

You: so im leaning that way

JustinD: I'm looking for a quad core phone. I've heard rumors of a Incredible 2.

JustinD: 3 I mean.

You: is that like the HTC ONE X that just got released?

You: in Europe?

JustinD: Not sure. I've saw that one too. But I'm sure it'll be better .

You: HTC One X Hands-on - MobileSyrup.com - YouTube

You: that thing is sick

You: get me that now

You: can you make that happen for me?

JustinD: What phone is that?

You: thats the HTC One X

JustinD: We don't offer that phone. But it is a nice phone.

You: i know that... but let's make it happen

You: i need that quad core and i needed it yesterday

JustinD: *laughing* I wish I could help you with that.

JustinD: Hi, I'm just checking in, how is everything going?

You: i hear ya pal...

You: so what should we do?

You: Move to Germany so we can get the phone we want?

You: or settle for the Rezound until the US catches up with the rest of the world

JustinD: It may make it way to the states soon.

JustinD: It's all your choice.

You: I hear Germany is nice in the summer

You: very liberal dating practices

JustinD: Oh my goodness.

JustinD: *laughing*

You: so it could be a win win

JustinD: Or a catch 22 .

You: aaaaaaahhhhh Justin you 'ol dog!

You: when would this ONE X presumably make it to the states

You: and will it necessarily come to Verizon?

JustinD: Not sure at all. I don't think it will really .

You: crushing blow

JustinD: The Incredible 3 might be our One X

You: do you have spex for it?

You: release date?

JustinD: Haven't even heard that it was coming if you go back in our chat I said I've heard rumors of it.

JustinD: But not a particular phone.

You: hmmmm

You: so pretty much I'm left with packing up and moving 4000 miles from home...

You: do they sublet in Germany?

You: for like 6 months at a time?

JustinD: I'm sorry to hear that.

You: it'd probably take that long just to learn the language

You: should go with a buddy...

You: what do you say J-MAN... you and me... germany???

JustinD: No, you should stay in the land of the Brave, home of the Free.

JustinD: I'm good here. But if you are sponsoring it I do need a vacation.

You: Ha! J-MAN! don't we all...

You: we would've made a great team

JustinD: I think so. With your whit and my looks. We will rule the world.

You: that's my guy... buying phones, laying bones...

You: so i'll probably go with the Rezound, thanks for your help!

JustinD: You're welcome. When do you think you'll go with it?

You: when's the price drop?

JustinD: Not sure. Check next week for pre owned.

You: pre owned? C'mon J-Man. i don't want any human hands touching my phone before i get my paws on it.

JustinD: Understood.

Reactions: modelyacht
Upvote 0
wait as long as the friggin bionic to release this!

Does anyone know how long it will be before they release this? I know we don't know exactly, but did they give a month or anything?

I want to upgrade before I can't keep my unlimited. Though I would miss my 4.3" screen, battery life looks very promising, and beats throughout so I don't need to use a 3rd party app looks great too.

This may not be top of the line forever, but it does look pretty good, now that I know guts will be far more powerful than my Rezound, which I love very much.

I wonder if I should wait for the deadline on the shared data and upgrade right before, or as soon as this is released....

Upvote 0
wait as long as the friggin bionic to release this!

Does anyone know how long it will be before they release this? I know we don't know exactly, but did they give a month or anything?

I want to upgrade before I can't keep my unlimited. Though I would miss my 4.3" screen, battery life looks very promising, and beats throughout so I don't need to use a 3rd party app looks great too.

This may not be top of the line forever, but it does look pretty good, now that I know guts will be far more powerful than my Rezound, which I love very much.

I wonder if I should wait for the deadline on the shared data and upgrade right before, or as soon as this is released....
Verizon said "in the coming weeks", however, this was before we found out about the customs delay. So if it doesn't release by next week, we should see it early June. We really don't know how long it'll be delayed for. Hopefully HTC get's this issue cleared up as soon as possible!
Now when you should upgrade really comes down to: Is this the right phone for you or not? If it's not, then wait til right before the deadline and see if a better phone comes out before then.

Upvote 0
Will this probably go for the full $300, or maybe under? If it's not too expensive, I may not have to sell my Rezound to pay for it, since I plan on paying for the upgrade by billing it. I will surely need a 32 gig card more than likely, since it only has 8 gigs on board, and both my micro sd's are 16 gig.
The rumored price point is 149$, that may be with rebates included. It is being marketed as a mid-range device, and not a high-end device. Expect 199$ at most.

Upvote 0
SD card slot? What kind of screen, amoled or lcd? What size battery, and how does it last? and most importantly, release date?
ht1.jpg
jh88.jpg
test.jpg
huang10

read back but
yes a sd slot
according to the latest video just posted here. slcd2 qhd screen
i think its a 1700mah battery and not out yet so who knows how long the battery will last. should be pretty good with the lte on die with the cpu.
release date who knows has not been announced yet.. we thought it was last week then this past week... hopefully and better be this coming up thursday.

Upvote 0
I lol when sales rep's have no idea what they're talking about. I just went on the chat and asked about the phone and she told me "The phone is already out! It is however no longer carried at local stores", and then I informed her that it is a phone that was announced a few weeks ago and she told me it will be coming out on the 31st. I'm guessing she googled it :p

I feel like I'm on Omegle when I'm on the Verizon chat, that's how little these people know. lol

Edit: So far, two people have told me the 31st, maybe they actually know something! (probably not)

Reactions: AlbaChev
Upvote 0
I lol when sales rep's have no idea what they're talking about. I just went on the chat and asked about the phone and she told me "The phone is already out! It is however no longer carried at local stores", and then I informed her that it is a phone that was announced a few weeks ago and she told me it will be coming out on the 31st. I'm guessing she googled it :p

I feel like I'm on Omegle when I'm on the Verizon chat, that's how little these people know. lol

Edit: So far, two people have told me the 31st, maybe they actually know something! (probably not)

The 31st is next Thursday, so there is a chance!

Upvote 0
Verizon has not released a new phone since last December and while I'm not a conspiracy theorist I'm beginning to think they're with holding phones until they can get the new Family Share Plans in place so no one can keep their unlimited data plan with a brand new phone. They want EVERYONE off these plans (especially on LTE) as soon as they can. I really want the Dinc 4GLTE NOW so I can have LTE and a new phone (this is the perfect upgrade from a Dinc 2) for at least 2 years.

Upvote 0
Verizon has not released a new phone since last December and while I'm not a conspiracy theorist I'm beginning to think they're with holding phones until they can get the new Family Share Plans in place so no one can keep their unlimited data plan with a brand new phone. They want EVERYONE off these plans (especially on LTE) as soon as they can. I really want the Dinc 4GLTE NOW so I can have LTE and a new phone (this is the perfect upgrade from a Dinc 2) for at least 2 years.

The Razr Maxx was released after then and also the LG Spectrum and then the LG Lucid.

So, no.

Reactions: carracerz14
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones