.::Incredible 4g Speculation and Rumor Thread::.General

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Last Updated: 2012-07-10 19:04:16
  1. bbeelzebub

bbeelzebub Well-Known Member

I was thinking about the same, but Sprint just made the the LTE pricing wars get real by announcing 199 for the Evo 4G LTE at 199. Sure their network isn't up yet, but since ATT is doing 250 for a lot of their high end Androids, maybe Verizon is going to start feeling the pressure and rethink their pricing strategies.

Advertisement
  2. NightxFall

NightxFall Well-Known Member

The Evo has some nice specs too. A microSD slot, S4 processor, 2000mAH battery, 4.7" inch LCD display. 8 MP camera; all in a 8.9 mm phone. So clearly HTC has improved the design in their phones, which could mean the same thinking was used in the Droid Incredible 4G.
    Skipdawg and NightAngel79 like this.
  3. blackepoxy

blackepoxy Well-Known Member

It might have nice specs but, not nice looks...Wow, that thing be some kinda ugly... :( Whoa, what in the world happened there:confused:
  4. dsgb3k

dsgb3k Well-Known Member

Definitely ugly! I'm glad that the inc 4g prototype at least looks sleek and awesome, I just hope the insides are as pretty as the evo 4g lte
    blackepoxy likes this.
  5. blackepoxy

You said that right!
    Need a case before you leave the store, sir?

...and this coming from a person who's favorite colors are red & black...but not like that!:eek:
  6. Steven58

Steven58 Reformed PH VIP Member

This wouldn't be like an official Incredible 4 speculation and rumors thread, would it? :p
  7. blackepoxy

Yep, looks like it...
  8. TheAtheistReverend

TheAtheistReverend Anybody want a peanut? VIP Member

I think it is now.
    blackepoxy likes this.
  9. today

today Well-Known Member

Yup. Now that Steven is on board it's official. I doubt we will break any records for posting like two years ago. Montana Man would really give this thread a good jump start tho. Ahhh, the memories.
    dsgb3k likes this.
  10. bbeelzebub

I got my one and only "androidforums.com infraction" in that thread. Looking back two years later.... I don't regret what I said at all. Good times!

Seeing the size of the battery in the LTEVO and the Maxx, I'm planning on HTC and Big Red putting one powerful battery in the new Inc.
    blackepoxy likes this.
  11. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

12. bbeelzebub

13. blackepoxy

I think that may be possible.
    The pics we are seeing with the 4 key layout might be the tester model with the 1.2 GHz processor.
    When it drops it could possibly have the 1.5 GHz and the 3 key sense 4.0 layout...
    Hope so!!!:)
    Again, as I said earlier the battery capacity will have to be somewhere between 1650 to 1900mAh (standard/OEM battery door used) in a thin phone like this with supposed removable battery.
    Beyond 1900mAh they start getting thick and fall into the extended category.
    They *might* be able to get away with a 2000mAh removable if the height and length are are increased to displace the overall thickness. So, it's kinda hard to hope for anything beyond 1800-1900... I have a 1800 in my Dinc2 with standard battery door.
    That's just my *slightly* educated take on it... :p
    Skipdawg likes this.
  14. bbeelzebub

Agreed, I just am thinking 1650 won't be nearly enough, even with the S4 processor. 1650 is what they put in the One S and that is without LTE. I guess we'll see. I'm getting impatient. Hahaha
    blackepoxy likes this.
  15. today

today Well-Known Member

Twenty one days and counting. NFL draft and dinc 4g. Going to be a long month. ;-)
  16. NightxFall

So I went to the Verizon store today and played with some of the devices there, including the Droid Incredible 2. I found that the capacitive buttons were incredibly annoying, mainly because every time you tilted the device, the buttons would fade. I'm hoping that HTC got rid of the rotating buttons and are just using the normal capacitive buttons now, or improved the technology so it's not so bothersome.

Also, I had some time on my hands and I decided to photoshop what the DINC4G model might look like with the 3 button layout and the verizon logo.

[​IMG]
    http://gyazo.com/330f763e5b04f43d133a32b59a1074b5.png

Edit: I improved the second one a bit
    [​IMG]
    http://gyazo.com/5218e1573c200c21a4cc0071f43fa39f.png
  17. blackepoxy

Neat...

Still no news...maybe next week will bring something...
  18. sdrawkcab25

sdrawkcab25 Guides Guide

That's some decent photoshopping :D very believable, which is why I find it hard to trust any of the leaked photos.
    NightxFall likes this.
  19. NightxFall

Still nothing on the Droid Fighter, or the 16gb Galaxy Nexus that was supposed to arrive on April 5th. If the DInc4G was Verizon's version of the HTC One S, you'd think they'd have announced it by now. I'm thinking now: It'll just be a slimmer, dual-core version(maybe not even S4 processor) of the HTC Droid Incredible 2, shipped with HTC Sense 4.0. Or, it'll release sometime in May as a variant of the One S. It just doesn't make sense that the other networks are giving month's notice on their variations of the One Series, but Verizon is only going to give a week's notice. I really hope I'm wrong though. I think we might hear something by the end of next week, if the Verizon MAP leak was real.
  20. ghost88

ghost88 Active Member

I work at Verizon and I can confirm the Leaked MAP is Real. It's under our eRoes news.

Other then that leaked document there is no information we have recieved on the DINC 4G or the Fighter.
    STeVe7320, today, Skipdawg and 4 others like this.
  21. blackepoxy

Thanks for that!!!^^^

Welcome aboard!!!
    Should be seeing some dummy units soon, huh?
    Y'all usually get them before the actual phone models right? :D:)
  22. ghost88

ghost88 Active Member

Ya if the release date is soon we should be getting a Dummy Unit soon.

Don't worry as soon as we get a dummy display I will post a pic of it.:D
    _Aardvark, 2BH, NightAngel79 and 4 others like this.
  23. blackepoxy

Sounds good!:D
  24. dsgb3k

dsgb3k Well-Known Member

Hopefully we get some news this week, I'm dying over here!
    NightxFall and blackepoxy like this.
  25. Skipdawg

Skipdawg Well-Known Member

I've been excited about a few watches over the last 6 months that I did not jump on but this one has that anticipation factor to it. Could this phone be the one I dive on? maybe. We shall see. Hopefully some pics pop up soon. Most of what I have seem so far barely wet the whistle so to speak. lol :D
    blackepoxy likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.