• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

.::Incredible 4g Speculation and Rumor Thread::.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just think we have hit a dead spot with cell phone technology. Sure maybe a bit more memory, maybe a bit faster processor, but the basics of the phone are still the same. There isn't any phone out there that can really do any more than my org Inc does. Maybe a little bit faster, maybe with a bit bigger screen, but other than that there has been no WOW selling factor for me. I think these cell phone companies are just trying to repackage the same features in a few different ways to make us think we are getting something new and exciting. JMO!!

Upvote 0
I just think we have hit a dead spot with cell phone technology. Sure maybe a bit more memory, maybe a bit faster processor, but the basics of the phone are still the same. There isn't any phone out there that can really do any more than my org Inc does. Maybe a little bit faster, maybe with a bit bigger screen, but other than that there has been no WOW selling factor for me. I think these cell phone companies are just trying to repackage the same features in a few different ways to make us think we are getting something new and exciting. JMO!!
But the Incredible 4G is over 5 times as fast as the original Incredible. I have the original Incredible and its useless if you want to browse webpages.

Reactions: Skipdawg
Upvote 0
The only thing I'm worried about is the quality of the screen. Someone confirm that its at least as good as the Rezound's!
The rumored specs say it'll be qHD. The Rezound's is HD. So it wont be as good as the Rezounds if the rumors are true. The One S is only qHD as well. Who knows though? They could have possibly thrown in an HD screen on this phone, afterall it's all just rumors for now. If they have an HD screen with the S4 chip and Sense 4.0, this will be a beast of a phone. I don't see any reason why HTC wouldn't go all out.

If you want to see what the phones screen is currently rumored to be like, look up the HTC One S on youtube.

Upvote 0
The only thing I'm worried about is the quality of the screen. Someone confirm that its at least as good as the Rezound's!

Everything I have read indicates that qHD = DINC 4g which does not match the Rezound's.

I'm really debating as $49 for a Rezound seems very attractive. The tradeoff seems to be potential better battery life of DINC 4g, slimmer, + ICS out of the box ?

Still - is that enough to justify $149 more than the Rezound if 199 is the price ? I don't think so. I have a DINC waiting for a new big brother...

I just can't understand having the Rezound deal ending today - given that the DINC 4G Verizon release info is not officially out there . And - who is going to be willing to pay more than $49 for a Rezound - after today ?

Upvote 0
The Incredible 4G is twice as fast as the Rezound and has better battery life.

Yes, even if the Incredible 4G is clocked at 1.2ghz, still TWICE as fast as the old S3 chip in the rezound clocked at 1.5ghz. Thats the incredible power of the Krait CPU cores in the Incredible 4g.

All indications point to the Incredible 4G being the standard 1.5ghz like the HTC One S which means the Incredible 4G will be MORE than twice as fast.

I dont think people are understanding the massive leak in technology the 28nm chips are bringing compared to the old and dated 45nm units out today (Rezound). Even if the Rezound was free its still not worth it to get locked in a 2 year contract to save $150....makes no sense to save $150 over a 2 year period and be stuck with an outdated phone all while you're paying $70-$80 a month.....thats crazy IMO.

Upvote 0

Yes, even if the Incredible 4G is clocked at 1.2ghz, still TWICE as fast as the old S3 chip in the rezound clocked at 1.5ghz. Thats the incredible power of the Krait CPU cores in the Incredible 4g.

All indications point to the Incredible 4G being the standard 1.5ghz like the HTC One S which means the Incredible 4G will be MORE than twice as fast.

I dont think people are understanding the massive leak in technology the 28nm chips are bringing compared to the old and dated 45nm units out today (Rezound). Even if the Rezound was free its still not worth it to get locked in a 2 year contract to save $150....makes no sense to save $150 over a 2 year period and be stuck with an outdated phone all while you're paying $70-$80 a month.....thats crazy IMO.

Completely agree, there is a new GPU in this too. There really won't be any comparison between the 2 phones. Early talk is that Qualcomm's measly dual core chip is out performing Nvidia's revered quad core Terga 3. Once you add in the die shrink and antennae on chip, there is little question that this is the most powerful SoC out right now. I literally passed on the Rezound when it came out because I had read about the S4 krait core processors that where just on the horizon.

I do fear that the troubles they have been having with the manufacturing process due to the die shrink are going to create a shortage and therefor delay any phone slated to contain the S4.

Upvote 0
I came across this article comparing the S4 and Terga 3 quad-core...
HTC One X: Snapdragon S4 Krait vs. NVIDIA Tegra 3 Comparison - BriefMobile

Processor alone is making me wait it out for this phone. The display isn't too much of an issue since I have the original DINC.

I'm really hoping this thing has a removable microSD. The 25gb in Dropbox isn't enough to convince me over physical storage.

Upvote 0
But the Incredible 4G is over 5 times as fast as the original Incredible. I have the original Incredible and its useless if you want to browse webpages.

Yep I understand that, but if the org Inc loads web pages fast enough for me already and the screen size is what I like, then what do these new phones offer me? That's all I am saying. For me, at some point to go spend $200 - $300 and get locked into a contract with big red again, these new phones need to offer me something new and exciting, not just faster...

Upvote 0
Completely agree, there is a new GPU in this too. There really won't be any comparison between the 2 phones. Early talk is that Qualcomm's measly dual core chip is out performing Nvidia's revered quad core Terga 3. Once you add in the die shrink and antennae on chip, there is little question that this is the most powerful SoC out right now. I literally passed on the Rezound when it came out because I had read about the S4 krait core processors that where just on the horizon.

I do fear that the troubles they have been having with the manufacturing process due to the die shrink are going to create a shortage and therefor delay any phone slated to contain the S4.

I hope it doesn't turn out to be another original inc fiasco that took months for them to get back in stock and not a huge backlog of orders. That would really hurt HTC if it happened again in simply lost sales.

Upvote 0

What indications??? Where is there any real information about this phone?

Reactions: jamala00
Upvote 0
Reactions: blackepoxy
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
What indications??? Where is there any real information about this phone?
There's no real information so far. But the leaks say it's a 1.2ghz dual-core qualcomm S4 processor with a qHD screen. Then two HTC phones appear on Nenamark; one with the same code name as the Inc4G(ADR6410) with the 1.2ghz s4 processor and a qHD screen, and another codenamed "VAE_WX" with a 1.5ghz S4 processor and a qHD screen. Some people are speculating that these are both the Inc4G running at different clock speeds. The S4 processor was also meant to be clocked between 1.5-1.7ghz, so some people are wondering why the leaks say 1.2ghz for the Inc4G? This further drives speculation that "VAE_WX" is the Inc4G clocked at 1.5ghz. Things could change though, and again this could all be fake. We just have to wait for an official announcement from VZW.

Also the One S, recently released by HTC, is running on a 1.5ghz S4 processor with a qHD screen.

Upvote 0
There's no real information so far. But the leaks say it's a 1.2ghz dual-core qualcomm S4 processor with a qHD screen. Then two HTC phones appear on Nenamark; one with the same code name as the Inc4G(ADR6410) with the 1.2ghz s4 processor and a qHD screen, and another codenamed "VAE_WX" with a 1.5ghz S4 processor and a qHD screen. Some people are speculating that these are both the Inc4G running at different clock speeds. The S4 processor was also meant to be clocked between 1.5-1.7ghz, so some people are wondering why the leaks say 1.2ghz for the Inc4G? This further drives speculation that "VAE_WX" is the Inc4G clocked at 1.5ghz. Things could change though, and again this could all be fake. We just have to wait for an official announcement from VZW.

Also the One S, recently released by HTC, is running on a 1.5ghz S4 processor with a qHD screen.

It could be they underclock it to help with battery life

Upvote 0
It could be they underclock it to help with battery life

This.

Unless someone recognizes the format of the "mystery" phone ID, I'm betting it is the DInc4G/DInc3.

HTC makes things like the ADR6300 or 6250.

Samsung makes i9020, or SGH-T959V.

Does anyone think "VAE_WX" follows a current manufacturers style for model numbers?

I think it sounds just random enough to be an alternative 6410...

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones